Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

blissful w o r d s

b e  k i n d
for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

- plato 

words. words are powerful. they stick with you forever too. whether they're nice words or mean words, you carry them forever. wouldn't it be nice if it was just the nice words we remembered the most? it's amazing how strong of an influence words can have on an individual. life changing actually. i've seen words in my own life change people. change my friends, loved ones & even myself. how mindful are we when choosing our words? i know it's hard, believe me. we are all human which means we are not perfect (at least i know i'm not.)  it's easier to talk about our troubles rather than our triumphants. but this is my challenge for all who are willing to accept it. B E  K I N D. be positive. be loving & accepting of one another. how beautiful this life is that God created! we are all in this same life-boat together. we all have a beating heart & a desire to live. there is joy to be felt, and experiences to try, and people's hearts to be touched. in one of my most favorite movies that recently came out, there were w o r d s that changed me.

to see the world,
things dangerous to come,
to see behind walls,
draw closer,
to find each other &
to feel.
that is the purpose of life.

- the secret life of walter mitty

take a moment to ponder that, because boy are those words powerful. now i could have just been babbling & maybe you didn't like what i had to say. which is okay, i promise to not let it hurt my feelings. or maybe to some of you my words will help change you or to simply know what's going on inside my head/heart. i'm new at this & i'm not promising anything crazy or spectacular. just w o r d s. and maybe a few pictures every once in awhile. i should also tell you, coming up in 48 days i'm setting out on the biggest adventure yet! i am dedicating 1.5 years of my life to serve an LDS mission. i have been called to labor in the mexico merida mission & leave june 25. i can hardly sit still (there will be post to follow about my mission call.) anyways. starting that day, my mother will be running my blog so that all of you can follow my w o r d s and adventures down in mexico. that is basically why i created this little thing. you may also write/email to me if you wish (i would l o v e to hear from you and your words.)


and more than anything.. have a blissful day (it's my favorite word)

con amor,

m a i s i e  e l l e n 

p.s. stop what you're doing & go watch walter mitty. you won't regret it, promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment