Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 2

MOTHER I AM ALIVE. I AM HEALTHY. I AM LOVING IT. 
please don't come to the mtc. I am really really really sorry for not writing you last week, but as I will explain in my letter that will soon be coming, our P-days are on wednesdays. we are not suppose to write letters/emails any other time of the week & i have already promised heavenly father i am serving my mission with exact obedience por que exact obedience = miracles. i want miracles not only for me, but for my companion and investigators. 

wowwwww. that's all i can say. i seriously love the mtc. i've also debunked some myths and learned the keys to success here in the mtc.
1. the orange juice is wonderful and delicious, so that's a lie whoever said to not drink it.

2. one main purpose for the mtc is breaking in shoes. i think i've used up half my bandaids from my first aid kit.

3. west campus is SO fun! it's all for little spanish speaking missionaries so anytime you pass anyone it's HOLA, buenos dias/tardes/noches, como estan. etc. quick funny story. we went up to main campus today to get some alterations on clothing (SO HELPFUL) and someone bumped into me in the bus and I said "los sientos" which means i'm sorry and they looked at me all funny. It's fun to speak in spanglish.

4. i love my companera! her name is hermana facer. she is one I met thanks so social media! she is from washington, went to utah state for spring semester (AGGIES UNITE!) and has been a convert for 9 months. isn't that so crazy?? 9 months ago she wasn't in the church and now she is my companion helping others come unto christ. She is so cute and stylish and sweet. Her story is pretty crazy too.. it's definitely made me so thankful for my family and my good parents who taught me to always love my savior. it's been hard for her. she gets down on herself as do I, but I think heavenly father put us together because he knew there were things we both needed to learn from each other. before one our last lesson teaching our investigator Carlos (yes, i've already taught 4 lessons in complete SPANISH) she was telling me how low and inadequate she felt and the part in the joesph smith story where Joesph smith and that one big guy are playing that pole game kept coming into my mind. "The lord must bring you low, so he can bring you even higher." everyday we help each other, she teaches me how to be strong and i teach her how to be happy & trust in the Lord. We motivate each other and as hard as it is sometimes because we are sooo different, we find a way to work together becuase we love this work and we love our savior. 

4.The work goes a lot better when you're happy and positive. the language is pretty difficult at times, but i'm so thankful for my junior high spanish teachers, please be sure to tell brother turner that. It's helped so much. I can understand 65% of what my teachers are saying. The times when it's hard is when you let yourself feel defeated and low. When you think your so much more behind then everyone in the class, that's when your going to feel like that. It's kind of weird though because I have this new desire to WANT to learn. I have really loved feasting upon the words of christ, and feasting upon spanish!! I love praying + bearing my testimony in spanish. As simple as it may be, the spirit testifies of the truthfulness of what I say. It's been wonderful. Sometimes I catch myself wishing I was english speaking because it's so frustrating not being able to say what I want, but then I remind myself that I have been called of God, and that He needs me in Merida Mexico. As much as I seek to do what is good and right, He will bless me. I am basically turning my life unto him to shape and mold me into what he wants.

Also I basically have already seen everyone I know here at the MTC!! 
Jill richardson, morgan robinson, kylie johnson, megan frodsham, kaline maples, alec bradford, max messerly, amber allen, lincoln something (he's an new ambassador) like 4 girls I had classes with up at USU, i hope i'm not forgetting anyone.. it's been super fun to be able to see familiar faces! I need to start carrying my camera arround so I can take pics... I got in the bad habit of not taking pictures because I always had friends who did that (kayc and aub I blame you)

The mission is truly the Lord's work. I have already seen His hand in just one short week! It was such a blessing to see Jeannie and have her pick me up from the curb when I got there.. I didn't see them before I left since they exiled me to the West Wing, but that was just what I needed. I can't believe I let myself thing that a mission wasn't for me. It's e x a c t l y what I need. I've already learned so much in this short amount of time! I encourage ANYONE who is even thinking about serving a mission or has a small desire to it, DO IT. meet with your bishop and begin your papers as soon as you can. 

I love you all so much. I really don't miss home. like at all. all the girls think there's something wrong with me because I haven't cried or said how much I miss something yet. I literally love it! The mtc/mission is what YOU make it to be. Heavenly Father won't force you to learn, it's all up to you to make that decision. but yes mother, i do miss you the most if I do miss something ;)

con amor,
hermana hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment