Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 8

My heart is full this week..

first - LOS CAMBIOS.
I will be staying in Kanasin for the holidays!! but sadly without Hermana Arriaga.. this transfer was super hard saying goodbye to her. BUT its not over! She is the new sister training leader (all my companions leave me to be leaders, its so great that im being trained from the best) and she is over my zone! So I will be doing intercambios con ella. I'm super excited for that. my new comp is Hermana Penguilo de San Antonio Texas, she doesnt know the fam from there. I'm the senior comp and a little bit nervous but good nerves. I know whom I have my trust and I know that God is always with me.

second - I WENT TO THE TEMPLE!!
Like I said last week, they didnt let anyone in who had mistakes, but turns out that would have been a sum of 0 people. and pres. decided to have mercy upon us because he saw our efforts, he knew how hard we had worked, and he had so much love for us.. it taught me so much. we can not return to the presence of our father in heaven without a Savior. Without someone who has mercy and love upon us, who sees that we have done all that we could. and after we have done all that we can, the atonement kicks in. I was so pained when I found out the news that I couldnt go to the temple because I had made some mistakes.. but when our district leader called us and said, hermanas! planchan su ropa blanca! Van a entrar van a entrar! my joy couldnt have been more.. 

I have learned so much about my Savior, about my brother, about Jesus who is the Christ. He is the Gift, the greatest gift that we have ever received. through him we can be purified, through him we can receive a remision de our sins. we had the opportunity to go to centro de merida en  the gran plaza y sing to all who were there and to contact all and invite others to discover, acept, and share the gift. The church is truly inspired with this campaign. There have been many blessings that have already come from it, and I know that the Lord is preparing hearts in this season for US to find, for US to invite and to share!! 

The video is very powerful, and i invite all of you to share it! facebook, and whatever social media site there is now days! 


ill be seeing you all on skype in a couple of weeks. love you much :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment