Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 15

Ahh how much I love this Christmas season in Merida!! it's super fun to see all the fire works at night. I give a good laugh to everyone because I jump at noise of the fire crackers. jaja. its been cold this week (well like 80) and I've been putting those sweaters to use! hahah im a Yucatan :) 

Super great to see the fam at the jazz game! I hope Heston and Saren had a wonderful birthday and hoooray for the end of finals for everyone! muy bien, lo hiciste muy bien! 

This week was super great. El es La Dadiva has been going wonderful!! It is so fun talking with everyone about our Savior Jesus Christ. I had a pretty cool moment while we were teaching yesterday. We were teaching David and Gabby our family of gold. He has been out of a job and found one.. but works sundays. but told us he will give it up. he would give up everything to follow Christ.. to be baptized into the only true church. it just made me realize that THIS is why I am here on a mission, to find the prepared. To invite them to DISCOVER, ACEPT, and SHARE the gift. The gift of JESUS CHRIST and his restored gospel. There are people all around us. Not just people, but our brothers and sisters.. I love being a missionary and for the opportunity to dedicate every hour I have here on the mission to my Lord. I invite everyone of you to share the gift!! look for small and simple ways to share the gift, because for small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

This week we will be going as a zone to one of the areas to sing and share the gift with others! I'm super excited we are going to have the video playing, members singing with us, and missionaries contacting. Missionary work is so fun! and the spirit of hymns is very strong. 

I will be calling home on the 25. I'm not sure what time yet, but we havent gotten any more news than that. cool news is i found a mayan nativity :) Thank you mom for sending me a package, and it wont matter what day it gets to me, Christmas isnt about the presents, or the lights, but its what we have in our hearts, who we are with, WHO we celebrate. and this christmas I am exactly where i want to be. I do miss all of you, but I couldnt imagine my life without these people I have grown to love here. I love Merida. I love Kanasin. I love my Saviour Jesus Christ. and I love all of you. I hope you all have a great week!!! 


Look for ways to share the gift!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment