Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6

What greater gift for easter than being able to listen to the voice of the profeta and the special witnesses declare of the divinity of our savior jesus christ?? I loved conference! haha it was fun watching it in spanish. a little different not listening to the booming voices of the apostoles. :) we had 6 investigadores go to conference so that was our little tender blessing.

This is the last week in transfers! i cant believe how fast time goes..hermana duron and i have been working super hard with this area. we have 7 people with fechas ahorita. we are going to baptize Aaron this wednesday! we are super excited for him. its so cool to see the changes in people. in our first lesson with him i think he spoke like 3 words. he is really really shy, and now we have to stop him from talking. hahah he is super excited as well. :) 

This friday we are going to have an activity in the church to help with the PLAN DE AREA. the missioaries are in charge. we are going to do like a little skit where we are doing a "broadcast of breaking news" and we are going to interview the members during the skit about how theyve been helping this plan be carried our. - diezmo, historia familiar, compartiendo el evangelio - we are super excited for it! 

We had a meeting with Presdiente this morning.. it helped me realize a lot of things that i need to work on as a missionary and as an individual. this weeked was a really good time of reflection. I loved the theme of all! the family was a huge one.. Being in a mission has really opened my eyes to looots of different things. I loved the talk about the learning how to dance but listening to the music.. it is so important that we listen to the music! a lot of the times we go through the motions of life... do the things that we are suppose to do just because its the script, but we will miss out on the JOY of LIFE if we truly do not listen to the music, if we dont let the Spirit soak in our souls and truly apply this doctrines and principles to our dance steps. like my wise brother jake, we must understand the WHY of the things that we do to really experiement este potente cambio en nuestras corazones. and there is hope for ALL because christ knows of our VALOR as children of god.

I truly love my savior.. I loved the hymn selection this conference.. the consider the lilies was a big hit for me. I loved seeing the familiar face of melanie wilcox as well. in the final hymn it truly touched me that JESUS CHRIST IS REAL. he is the savior of the WORLD! he is my amigo fiel. we have the h o p e to become like him. let us seek that divine promise..

I LOVE YOU ALL

hermana hobbs




No comments:

Post a Comment