Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, September 1, 2014

August 25



ahh good luck to all those who start school!! haha so happy for your new escuela mama, i bet the kiddos are just super happy about having such a new school. que bueno. welcome home jacee for me with open arms.. love her so much! i can´t wait to hear how everything goes for here and the hancock fam. sounds like a busy week for ya´ll!

wow this week. hahah so many funny things I could tell you! i wish that i had one of those gopro´s so i could record everything and send it to you all! i now understand the analogy everyone uses about being born again in the mision and having a mom and cosas asi. for the most part everyone treats me like i am two. we had study session this week with a nonmember who needed help with english to pass a test to get a scholarship. so me and my comp were helping her learn which was really fun! one of the days we were there the mom brought in these little fruits that were the size of a cherry. they are green and have a hard shell that you pop open and then its a pink fruit inside. (muy muy rica) so they were trying to explain to me how to eat it becaues the seed inside is huge!! of course i couldnt really understand what they were saying. something about a seed in the middle and to be careful so i plop the thing in my mouth and the mom start having a panic attack screaming at me and my comp was freaking out too and i start getting super worried and scared becaue i have no idea what they are saying to me. i thought the seed was poisenous or something so i spit it out. they wouldnt let me have another one after that.. hahah later when it was me and my comp she explained it was because the mom thought i was going to swallow the massive seed and choke... haha i thought it was super funny :)

this week has been really good but really rough as well.. tania is having a hard time feeling the spirit and her husband comes home on wed from his work. he only comes home 2 a month. she found out he has been having an affair with other ladies. she has invited us over thurday to talk to him.. she still has her baptism set and is still working towards it.

It has been hard finding people to teach. a lot of the member referrals aren´t in our area because our ward is split into 3 different areas. hardly anyone was home this week because it was the last week of summer and most people were in centro getting ready for school so a lot of our appt. fell through. we are trying to keep a positive attitude, we are setting goals to contact more in the streets and find different ways to find the prepared. it´s been hard work this week but really rewarding as well. its been my job to initiate the contacting. haha so that has been fun! i have made so many mistakes but im starting to get the hang of it. one of the times i was introducing our iglesia and forgot to say jesus christ. so i only said we are the saints of the latter days. hahah my comp is so patient and loving with me.

One of our other investigators, Genny her two daugthers accompanied us to a baptism on thurs. of Elder Bahr and Echeverria. Baptisms are my favorite here. We haven´t had one yet, but we will soon!! my comp. plays the flute and we all sing as missionarie. its really powerful. the members are so funny too haha they record us on their phones and take pictures of us. they love the missionaries and take such good care of us! i know your schedules are busy, but seriosly take the opportunity to go with the missionaries to their appointments! or feed them one night in our house. I wish i would have done more of that before my mission, because now i see how valuable it is. EVERY MEMBER A MISSIONARY!

We had stake conference this week which was amazing. Our visiting general authority was Elder Jesus Tirada. He spoke as well with our mission pres. Garcia & his wife on saturday ALL about missionary work. we had the opportunity to sing in the choir the medly of armies of helamen and sisters in zion. i could hardly sing because i was so full of emotion.. that has always been one of my favorite songs, and to sing it in spanish with my fellow missionarie and with the youth who are the future missionaries was so powerful! its a privlidge to be a missionary and to represent my savior. in the meeting they talked a lot about missionary work and the goal of the temple. seek out and PRAY for opportunities to serve. concentrate your prayers and seek for inspiration on who to help and god will always alway answer and provide opportunities for you. the works great! thanks mom for your uplifting words always. i love my family so much. keep pushing along!!

con amor

hermana hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment