Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, September 1, 2014

July 23

ahhh I can't believe it. jacob comes home today!! please squeeze him extra hard for me until I can do it on sunday.. i am still so humbled and grateful that my branch pres. is letting me see him. such a tender mercy. so congrats to him and please send me some pics of the airport greeting! also wish eddy the best for me! im glad he had a good farewell and temple experience. he is going to make such a great missionary. the lord takes special care of his missionaries. 

oh boy. sooo clap your hands together because i'm heading to mexico on monday!! i fly out at 12:35 at SLC and then go to Houston, then straight to MERIDA. woot woot. I've been having dreams about flying so I can't wait to see what it's actually like. I still can't believe it, it's gone by sooo fast here in the mtc, but when i look back at this past month i have learned so much and grown in so many ways that it doesn't seem possible, with the language and the gospel.  i have learned more about myself this past month then i have my whole life. everyday I see the hand of my savior in this work. even in the mtc. there is no way i could be doing what i am doing without His help. This is HIS work and he promised all of us missionaries that he would never leave us alone, and he is doing exactly that.

so this past week here are some of my highlights: 
on sunday i gave a talk about baptism - they call on random speakers so you always have to have a talk prepared, and i gave it all in spanish. i didn't even have to use my notes so i was super excited about it! i'm not sure if what i said made any sense at all or if i pronounced anything right, but hey I did it and I was excited :) another cool thing - Sunday before sister fowers left to richmond we were able to sit by each other in the devotional!! it was so fun! we caught up for the past month we have been away. I could have talked to her for 50 more hours but the short while we were together was enough for me. it was so fun seeing her and hearing how much she has loved the mtc as well :) she is going to be such a great missionary. 


my favorite thing here has been TRC which is basically teaching progressing investigators or members about the church and all. This past week me and my comp were able to SKYPE a lady from panama! how cool is that! she was sitting on a balcony in panama city at night so she held up her laptop and gave us a grand view of the city. it was beautiful! also it was so exciting being able to actually understand her and feel the spirit so strongly! her name was alejandra! i can't wait to teach the people of mexico.. i already have such a love for them. even with our teachers when we "commmit" them to baptism I always just want to jump up and down with excitement because I know how much it's going to bless their lives! it will be fun to actually have real life experineces like that. I know that this gospel truly blesses our lives. 


I know this church is true and that it truly blesses lives. Heavenly father truly loves all his children and wants nothing more than for them to be happy and return to live with him. life is hard.. muy deficil, pero yo se que con el evangelio, is possible sentira gozo en nuestros almas. yo se que jose smith fue un verdad profeta y hoy thomas s. monson guia la iglesia. yo estoy muy agracido por mi bendiciones y mi familia. yo amo mi familia much y tambien mis amigos. yo estoy muy agracido por la oportunidad a servir un mision en Merida Mexico. 

well i love you all. remember to think WWJF - what would jesus feel + to read the scriptures every day, especially the book of mormon. that is the fastest way to feel closer to christ is by reading his words. continue to do your best, that's all the Lord asks for. i love you all so much and i'm so grateful for the love and support that i've felt! 

con amor,

Hermana Hobbs









No comments:

Post a Comment