Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 15

Sounds like I wasnt the only one with miracles this week, im so very glad to hear jacob is okay. i hope he is doing well and the other family as well. i know my family is being watched over, and that is very comforting. 
este semana... gwoooah.. im not sure where to start!! so many miracles. We had Elder De Hoyes que is the presiding 70 over mexico come and speak, i have a NEW TRAINER HERMANA ARRIAGRA y the most exciting.. TANIA WAS BAPTIZED!!!! I cant even begin to tell you how much of a miracle this was. this week was super fun teaching her, things were going so well, we would go and she would explain to us the 12 chapters she read every day in the LDM. Taught her mandamientos y todo. Saturday we had an appt, with her a las 4 y when we arrived she was crying and talking on the phone. Come to find out her mom is not doing well at all and she made the decision to return to Veracruz for 4 months to help care for her and was leaving the next day. My heart was literally breaking when she told us this because she has progressed SO much these last couple of weeks and we had planned for a mexico fiesta on sunday lunch in honor of dia de mexico!! and now she was going to leave.. but right after she told us this while we were all crying, she asked if she could be baptized in the night. Of course me and hermana martinez didnt hesistate to say YES. there was a baptism planned at 6 pero it was cancelled because the parents of the young girl changed thier mind so at this point tania hadn{t had her interview for baptism, the font was as dry as a bone, and she had no white clothes but we knew that the Lord would provide. We started calling everyone, bishop, the leaders de the zona, hermanas in the ward, everyone. All odds were against us, but we had the lord on our side. and i am more than grateful,happy,speechless to say Tania Diaz Suarez was baptized at 8:40 that night. I have never experienced anything more beautiful. Me and martinez walked into the bathroom to find her on her knees praying to heavenly father all dressed in white right before she was going to be baptized.. i cant even put into words what i felt.. so much peace in my heart. so much peace porque she is a true fruit... we left her with tons of pamphlets and extra LDM becasue she is eccited to share this gospel with her family in Veracruz. I promised her as well that I wouldnt leave Daniel solo. he returns the 23 of this month and i am hoping and praying that lord is preparing his heart while he is away and that I can be an instrument in converting his heart unto the Lord to complete this family.

My aproxima news.. I have a step mom!! Hermana Arraiga de Norte Mexico about 1 de McAllen Texas! she is so sweet and i am so excited to have her! and also soooooo scared. haha. I am now showing her the area, (Im still in Kanasin) explaining everything with the invesigators, introducing her to members, leading in the lessons, everything.. All this week I kept having the thoughts about the story of Brigham Young and the rescueres when he asked for people to go for the saints and asked when the brothers would be ready and (ephraim i believe) said, I am ready now. I kept having the feelings that I needed to prepare myself so when the Lord calls I am ready. this was the spirit working in me. but at the same time i kept thinking there is no way that they will change me or my comp! im still in my trainging, hardly know the language, opened the area, etc. If anything, pres. will change me to a new location and leave hermana martinez here. but as always, the lord had different plans for me. So, Im ready. ready to work hard, ready to really let go of myself and my fears. theres no room for that here. Our call of transfers came at 11 p.m. sunday night and my first reaction was tears when i heard the news.. hahah both of joy and fear. i have loved being comps con hermana martinez. she is the new sister training leader of campeche. so that tells you how amazing she was. i learned a lot from her that i want to apply into my work. we were talking after while packing her bags. Never before had she been in an area for only 1 cambio and how this has been her cambio of milagros as well as the most dificil. Tania was our miracle. and hermana martinez said that she is convinced that she was in Kanasin solo for Tania.. and that there is nothing more for her, that I am ready and here because i am needed because there are hearts here for me. so no time to be afraid, only to rely on the Lord, for he calls the weak and qualifies them. 

We found 2 families this week that im super excited about. Edwin ( contacted him because he was playing catch with his son and wearing a boston red sox hat, so we talked baseball for a bit) and Maria de Carmen. We havent had a lesson with Edwin yet, but with Maria de Carmen felt the spriti super strong in that lesson.. we invited her to pray for the closing prayer and never before had she prayed in her life, but it was the most beautiful prayer ive ever heard. she was in tears when she finished and i asked her how she felt and she all she could say was peace. Testifies that it was the spirit. Hopefully we{ll have a baptism soon. 

I love being a missionary! Glad to hear Jake is still being a missionary too! Love all you. cool story as well. people in merida know me! hahah one of sams mission comp. has been asking about me with Hermana Sanchez that we went to lunch with before the mission. I saw her at the conference and she was saying how there have been like 3 people in her ward who have asked if she knows me. So hopefully one day ill get to meet him! It was fun to hear that. Hope the family is doing well. love you all more than anything, pray for you every night! Quick recovery to jacob! 

read your scriptures!! 
mucho amor,
hermana hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment