Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Sunday, October 5, 2014

September 30

Can I just say how much I love the mission?? This week was great in so many ways.
glad to hear that you guys in good ol utah had a couple of rainy days, got to experience my life for a bit :) 

So glad you had the chance to go to go to the womens broadcast!! It was seriously SO amazing, exactly what I needed, especially one of our investigadores, Ivonne. She was the only one who could accompony us, but im so glad she went. The spirit was so strong there - it always is when we talk about temples. Its funny because all this week, antes de la conferencia tambien there has been such a theme of temples. I was able to watch in English thanks to Rubi one of the mas poderoso miembros I´ve ever met. she has an ipod thing I borrowed. I loved the talk by Sister Marriott (i think her name is) the second counselor in the YW. she spoke to us in the MTC as well, loved her anology of the little boats growing into great ships :) Pres. Uchtdorfs talk was exactly what I needed to hear as well. It relates really well with one of pres. Bednars talks about doctrine. Its so important to realize the DOCTRINE behind the principles and applications. doctrine always answeres the questions of WHY. why do we do visiting teaching? why do we attend chruch? why am i serving a mission? if the reasons are for numbers, or for the approval of others, kneel, offer a prayer, and open the scriptures and think of the doctrine, think of the life of christ, the eternal perspective. I loved his stroy of the visiting teachers, really powerful and made me think of my own work here in the missionary and why I need to find people to teach, ask for referencias, be worthy of the spirit, todo.One of the many is because each soul is precious in the sight of God. and in mine as well.

We had a little miracle this week. tuesday we got a phone call from tania saying she was on her way home back to Merida!! she is here with us and so is her husband. her faith is so strong and her desire to go to the temple as well. We are working a lot with her husbadn right now, he defintly is a good seed. Ivonne right now is our only progressing investigador. We have had so much help from the barrio with her. MEMBER MISSIONARY work is SO important. With alegandra things are going slow, we can only teach her on saturdays and domingos because she works and goes to school and doesnt return hasta 9:30 in the night or sometimes mas tarde, but I think she truly has a real desire to change.

We found bien potente personas this week, but a lot were not in our area. haha we were pretty bummed about that, but one of them was a referencia de la esposa de el obispo (this family is ecactly how i want my family to be when i return) her name is Alejandra tambien. She has 3 children, 1 from her previous marriage and 2 with the man she is living with right now. He is in the military and is only home for 28 days every 4 or 5 months.. so basically she is a single mom. but she is soo good and her little children are so cute. She lives a lot of principles of the evangelio already, is very catholic but realizes that some things done in the catholic church are not right - like worshipping saints. haha its funny she has a very strong sense of what is right and what is wrong. we had a really powerful lesson with her the other day when we were reading out of the LDM. she has lots of questions about everything. we started talking about the temple and her face lit up and was so excited to talk about it. it was a really cool experience for me. we were only reminding her of our HOME. of where we can return. wow i miss the temple so much.. 

We had the most amazing activity in our ward this week where we were able to have so many investigadores in the capilla! It was a night all about the book of mormon. the YSA put it on, they decorated each room in the church about a different story of the book of mormon, moroni, king benjamen, the savior vising americas, arbol de vida, lots of good things and in each room there were the youth as the people. The 6 missionaries in our ward we were the tour guides through each room. We took groups of about 5-6 people and would explain each story. it was soooo beautiful and the spirit was so strong. Everything focused on the Savior. I was so excited too because I could speak Spanish enough for my groups to understand me or a member to understand me enought that she could add whatever I missed in explaining :) mom you shuold suggest this for an event for the youth, it was so awesome and all the members brought some one who didnt know the church, or investigador! 


All is good in mexico, i love it so much. I dont think ill ever be used to the heat, but im learning to live with it haha :) I still feel like I'm standing in front of a fire hydrant that is exploding. There are so many things I want to learn and so many things I want to change muchas cosas. but I know I need to be patient, use the atonement, give my best, and little by little I will continue to progress into the missionary the Lord wants me to be. thats what is so great is that there really is no ending, there is no destination. its a never ending journey, and its along the way that we progress. once we accomplish one thing, theres always something else to look forward to. always something else we can do to reach our diving potential. life is great isn't it? :)

hope you all have a wonderful week! 
con amor, 
Hermana Hobbs

prayer list: Tania, Daniel, Alejandra, Hermana de Alejandra, Alejandra, Ivonne, Juan Carlos, Lorena, Edwin, Monica, Rosaura, Ceaser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment