Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 10, 2014

October 6


WOW this week was awesome. 

Started of really slow. havent been seeing too much success with our investigadores right now. but I think every one of my worries and concerns, and questions were answered in this conference. They were SUCH powerful meetings! I love that they are having people speak in their own language now!! It was fun to see that. a testimony to me that god always fulfills his promises - that every nation will recieve this good word in their own tongue. always remember that. Heavenly father ALWAYS does his part, we only need to do our part, reach up, and claim the promises.

We only had one investigador in the capilla for one session.. we were super bummed. Our area has been a little bit slow right now, but I know the lord has heard our prayers, and that there are prepared hearts here. We had a fast Saturday and when the sessions were over Sunday we went out trying to find a taxista we had contacted earlier the week. we never found his house... BUT we found 3 bien potente familias while we were asking for directions (our map has all the wrong calles) this was such a blessing. We are starting to find lots more people. I always had such a wrong perception of a mission before. It is literally like sifting through hay to find the needle. but every one of these people here are important in Gods eyes, they are his children and he has entrusted me with his care, chosen me, and promised me to help. He has asked for all my faith, giving all that I can, heart might mind and strength, and that is what I will do.

Had the opportunity as well to have intercambios con Hermana Ormeno of Peru, she is soooooo amazing. Has sooo much love and so many attributes of chirst in her. she finishes her mission this transfer and it was such a reflection to me of what a mission can become for a person. missions are meant to be a time of happiness, because thats what our heavenly father wants us to be. That happiness comes through serving others, from holding nothing back, from living with no regrets. I feel like I'm in a school to learn the things of life right now.. its such an amazing experience and I am grateful for every single day that I have! 

Sorry I don't have much time. I love you all, 


I know that christ lives, that he loves us and that god is our heavenly father who knows each of us by NAME. knows our needs, knows our desires. think about it. pretty amazing.

con amor,
hermana hobbs

prayer list: daniel, tania, alejandra, maria, david, mary, marisella, lorena, antonio, edna, sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment