Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Friday, January 9, 2015

December 23

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!

I can do all through Christ who strengthens me.. 

I am so high on the christmas spirit, I love hearing how everyone is having such wonderful christmas experiences. There is truly such a sweet spirit around these months and I have enjoyed seeing it here in Merida. Hermana Isabel bought us a little mini tree and made us ornaments so we have the spirit of christmas in little home. I love her so much. 

This week was a blur.. we had lots of new lessons gracias a EL ES LA DADIVA. we have had fun teaching that lesson with using the atonement and video. It really is a powerful combination. because many people know that jesus is the christ and that he was a gift but they sometimes dont really understand the significance or how to apply CHRIST. how to discover, accept, and share his life. por medio de this program of he is the gift, I think i myself have come to understand more of how i can apply christ in my life. how i can become more like him. how i can reach my potential. 

This Saturday will be the baptism of David y Gabby!!! we are SOOO excited! I dont think they could be any more excited. Last thursday we went to centro for the interview of hermana gabby and later walked around the temple.. she was at such a peace and said she has never felt so much relief. i know that is true. that strengthened my testimony of "accepting" the gift. when we apply the atonement, we are applying the greatest gift our savior has given us, we are allowing for him to help ease our burdens. 

We also had a noche de barrio (ward activity) that was super fun! us 6 missionaries got together and did a little skit. we had two boys in our ward be the "missionaries" and we were the investigadores. The joke was that everyone of us had some kind of problem. like I was fat ( stuffed my clothes with blankets and pillows, one elder was deaf, one elder was missing an arm, one was bald, different things. And the missionaries would invite us to read the book of mormon and promise that we would be cured. But then they would inherit the problem. haha it was super fun! The ward seemed to love it.

Yesterday we had our Christmas devotional as a mission... POWERFUL. it was so fun. each zone took turns singing a different christmas song. Ours was Oh holy night. and me and another sister had a duet part that we sang which sadly... we slaughtered. hahah we came in at the wrong time like twice. it was fun :) then we had a night of talents, a real christmas dinner with turkey and mashed potatoes and everything. it was delicious. we did an exchange of gifts as a mission too. then to top it off we went to a park and sang songs of christmas and contacted people. it was super fun day. I think my favorite part was when presidente talked to us. He is such a wise man I love him so much. He gave a very powerful testimony of Christ and how we can truly CHANGE through him. It reminds me of silver bells dad sent me an email about. the message of the restoration of the church is like the sound of silver bells, it cuts through the air crystal clear, travels through great distances and once you hear it, you can never forget it. 

Jesus Christ is the Savior and I know He lives. I know that through him, I can do all and so can you. 

I love you all so very much. :) 

have the best christmas ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment