Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Friday, January 9, 2015

December 29

Hope everyone had a great CHRISTmas filled with the spirit & spending time with the family. My christmas was super great! It was so good skyping home and seeing that everyone is doing so well. I think that is the grandest gift I have received, is my wonderful family. 

Christmas here is celebrated more on the 24, they have a huge dinner and then they blow up fireworks at midnight. We still had to be in the house at 9, but we ate with members lots of really good food, it was like thanksgiving. we had turkey and lots of different salad kind of things. I was so tired that night that I didnt wake up to any of the fireworks. hahah. #missionarylife

Saturday we had our baptism with David y Gabby!! It was such a beautiful day. Hermana Arriaga was able to come for their baptism and it was such a good surprise for David and Gabby to see her. There is a song of the nashville tribute called "the hardest thing" and it talks about the life of a missionary, the hard things we have to encounter it talks about his struggles at the first of the mission, and then how at the end how it was the hardest thing to go home.. there's a part where it talks about the "ones I've come to love all dressed in white" getting baptized. that song was on repeat in my head while I watched this family make covenenants with our father in heaven. I know in a year I am going to see them in the temple, and I'm hoping and praying that I will be able to be there with them. The lord truly has great plans for the both of them. 

2015 im welcoming with open arms. As I've looked back upon this year there have been many changes in my life.. but many more to come. Every day the lord is preparing us for something more and this year I have the opportunity to dedicate it ALL to the lord. To give everything I've got. A
nd I´m starting with trying to become more like Christ. To focus myself in gaining the attributes of him. In DISCOVErING, EMBRACING the life of him so that I can better SHARE it with others.

I hope you are all making goals of what you want to give to the Savior this year, of goals to help reach your potential and become more like HIM.. I love you all so much!!! 

con amor, 
HERMANA HOBBS 


No comments:

Post a Comment