Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 26

Happy week everyone!

This week we have had lots of blessings and tender mercies. I am so grateful for my heavenly father who keeps us humble and who always shows his love, lots of time through the most difficult of times. I am sure you have all heard about Elder McBride. I had the great opportunity to serve with him here in Kanasin for a transfer and he was one of my really good friends. We taught classes of English together to the ward, well mostly him because I still couldnt speak spanish. He was such an example to me, and to everyone. It was really hard when I heard what had happened.. but The lord needed him in the work of salvation there.. 

Lucy has her date set for the 7th of December. She is progressing SO WELL. her mom as well, just hasnt accepted completley to be baptized. she has a testimony, its just hard because there are lots of problems in the home with her husband and shes scared to make the decicion.. but he has been very supportive of us. we just need to teach him to win him over! so lucy's little sister Ana is 5 and she is my little friend. she is sooo cute and she loves me so much hahah.everytime we come to teach she comes running to me and tells me how much she loves me. Sunday i made the mistake of sitting on the corner edge of the aisle in sacrament and the whole time i had little kids coming up to me to try to hug me, sit with me, and talk with me. jajaj. theres like 50 kids in the primary and they tell me im like their little muñeca :)  so we had a lesson about the word of wisdom with this family and little anna basically gave us the review about the plan of salvation, the whole thing! and was talking about how we need to care for our bodies because we are like temples and we need to return to our Dios-cito. i felt the spirit so strongly.. children are so in tune with the spirit.. she was in charge of the prayer in primary so we were helping her practice but she didnt even need our help :) 

We also had a really cool lesson with Jose Alberto. hes one of the rentors from Hermana Hilda. He is from Tobascao, and to be honest when we first talked to him, i didnt think he was going to be someone to progress because of the first impression. but that was so wrong of me.. he has been doing his family history and has been reading the book of mormon every night! he came to church last sunday and had tons of questions about the sacrament.. he said he didnt feel worthy to take it, but his desire to know more about God and how he can change is strong.. it was really cool experience for me. LET US ALWAYS HAVE HOPE. esperanza por Dios y por todos los hombres.. (2nefi31)

I have loved working with family history.. tomorrow I have another opportuniyt to go to the temple! to do baptims for one of our family members. Pres. Garcia has given us the opp. every month to go to the temple but the catch is there is always a requisite. to make it something we have to work for. ( I love pres. with all my heart) and one of the ways we could go is if we were to find names from our own families. I found the name of Glen Hobbs who needs all of his ordinances, one of my bisbisbisabuelos.I was writing in my journal last night about the experience and I couldnt help but cry because i truly felt the spirit of elijah. the spirit of Glen Hobbs and my heart turning tohim.. although I dont know much about him, i know he is aware of me, and he has been waiting patiently for this day. for tomorrow tobe set free.. to be reunited. I want to invite you all to experience this change of heart. experience the spirit of ELIJAH. There are many ways to be involved in the family history work, and I know with all my heart that the adversary will have no power over us if we involve and focus ourselvesmore in this cause.

I love you all and I'm so grateful for the letters, the love and support that I have recieved. I'm so happy for Karma and Debbie. SO happy that they are recieving the fulness of the blessings from going to the temple. Nikki is always in my prayers. please send my love to their family. she is a fighter and I know everything will work out for the best.

MUCHO AMOR

hermana hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment