Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 16

Buenooo 

Wishing you all a happy Valentines Day and all! I'm glad you got the package, it was something I put together really fast to take advantage of Hermana Dalia going to Colorado. they were going to go visit yall but I dont think they had the chance. I got letters from you all too! (not surewhat, our ZL just said I had mail) i think its the letters the YW sent :) WAY cool story about Jakes mission!

This week was such a fun week, so many memories we are making here in Kanasin. People in the ward have been getting all sentimental with me because everyone thinks im going this transfer, Bishop had me give a talk yesterday for my "going away" farwell. He always teases me because he knows how much I love kanasin and how much i dont want to leave.. I love him hahah. The sad thing is we were late to church for my talk. We have been working with a little 16year old mom (Cristina &Omar) whose husband is a less active for quite some time. shes committed to be baptized the second week in march!! but we were late to church because we were waiting for this little family and then we couldnt find a moto taxi.. I felt so bad, but it was so worth it for them to be there in church. I had the opportunity to talk about why the work in the temple is important. I spoke about the pioneers in nauvoo how they strived andgave so much of their time and their things to build the temple and how then how they left it...it was really cool thinking about my own ancestors being part of that time.

On Wednesday we spent a lot of the day contacting our references,I always love thesedays :) haha one house we came to I could hear a cat crying in the tree and I asked Hermana Pinguelo if she could hear it and before I know it she is climbing in the tree trying to rescue this little cat. hahaha but the terca thing didn't want to come down! after like15 minutes of waiting for it to move towards us so we could reach it, we finally got it out.. this little experience reminded me a lot of our situations in life.. how many times are we like this little gatito that we go off adventuring, and end up climbing too high in the tree. sometimes we are stuck there and we feel hopeless. but our Savior Jesus Christ is right there with his hands outstreched waiting for US to move closer to him so that he can rescue us. We must first move towards him, having faith even if we have fear. because he has already payed the price so we wont be stranded in the tree..

We are loving family history! Every Sunday at 5 we go to our chapel to work on family history with members, invs, menus activo TODO. Its so much fun! last night I think there were 30 people there! people bring their laptops or we borrow some and we all work on our family search. its been seriously such a blessing to me to see the desire and how excited our ward isabout family history. saving their families..

 I love you all so much! Today is Isabels birthday so all the missionaries are going there to eat dinner with her. I love Isabel so much :) 

LONG LIVE KANASIN
I loveyou all so much!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment