Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, February 9, 2015

February 2

BUENO!

Wow this week was great! I am so grateful for my mission and for the experiences that I am having here.. everyday my relationship with my savior is growing.. thank you mom for sending me your insights about the sacrament and the savior. It is so true. The savior is asking for us to "watch with me one hour.." and yet we find ourselves sleeping.. theres a really good talk in the liahona of januaray thats called "an hour to watch with him" (i think in english) haha

TUESDAY I was able to go to the TEMPLE!!! wahooo it was such a beautiful morning, FULL of missionaries, recent converts, miembros menus activo y TODO. it was such a beautiful day and such an grand opportunity. There is such an amazing spirit in the temple. As a mission  there were 573 baptisms completed. think of how many of our antepasados have been waiting for this day... it wasvery humbling. we went on divisions because my comp didnt go and the comp of our sister training leaders. I went with Hermana Carr from California. She is such an amazing, powerful missionary. Such an example to all. 

This next week Saturday will be the baptism of Hermanita Lucy!! we are so excited for her. She really is so prepared. We had a lesson with her after church yesterday and I was asking her how she was feeling about her baptism andshe said she feels so content, so peacefull, so ready. She knows this iswhat she wants to do. She made me cry with her sweet testimony. There is no greater joy then seeing testimonies grow in others, andin ourselves. 

Friday was probablty one of my favorite days in the mission. We had interviews with Pres. Garcia. Wow.. what an amazing man he is. He reminds me so much of Dad. I brought my little pamphlet of My Family so he could check it off and stuff, he told me that hes going to come visit me and my family so that Dad can show him the museum and so he can work with him. It amazes me how inspired he is, and how well he knows me. haha. We did the attributes de Cristo with him and helpedus with advice of what we need to do and work on. Later when I got home I started to read my patriartial blessing.. there were things that I never understood before but they were things that Pres. helped me understand. "remember who you are and what you stand for." such a  simple phrase, but such power to it. Jesus Christ through all his trials, all the mockery, all the lies, rumors, misdeceptions about him, he never lost sight of WHO he is. In life we have lots of oppositions. Many people telling us that we arent good enough, smart enought, ready enough, and sometimes that voice comes from ourselves. Christ never lost sight that he was the SON of GOD. that he was here for ap purpose and reason. Let us be like our Savior.. Let us change our thoughts and remember that we are sons and daughters of our heavenly father.  Let us live up to our potentials and stay awake with him one hour.. 

I love you all so much! have a great week.
hermana hobbs


prayer list: david y gabby, lucy, tere, magy, daniel, jose, alberto omar 

No comments:

Post a Comment