Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, March 2, 2015

February 24

So I forgot to tell you that our pday was changed to Tuesday this week.. sorry mom.. I'm still alive I promise!

We find out tranfers this Sunday so we will see if I will be staying in Kanasin on Sunday :) this week was so good! we had a multizone conference Tuesday where we spoke about the plan de area MEXICO 2015. I think ive already mentioned this to you all? but the idea is to increase the faith of the members here in Mexico and to help them become self suffiecient through fasting, tithing, sharing the gospel, family history etc. its really something quite amazing. President came and trained us all, I wish I could just be taught by him everyday. The spirit was so strong.. and we got to watch MEET THE MORMONS!!!! it comes out this week here in mexico and we got to watch it so we can promote it! I think all the missionaries were bawling.. it was a fun opportunity!

Sorry I dont have much time, but I just wanna share a couple miracles I saw this week.

OMAR- we havent been able to visit him for like a month because he was working in a festival and didnt know he returend,until he showed up to stake conference because a member (one of his friends) invited him, we had a lesson with him after and he has read all the way to second nephi!!! we are super excited about omar. 

We contacted a reference Alicia Panit,her brother is a member.. she is a little 60 year old lady that lives with her daughter and mom. They welcomed us with open arms and were so happy to have us visit! they like to learn about different religions and she told us she usually doesnt like to invite themback for a second lesson, but we are on our third :) her mom is 95! she reminds me so much of grandma Sarah.. first visit they were leaving, so we sang the spirit of god with them and her little mom started to bawl. this family is super special, they have lots of difficulties but theyre doing awesome!

We got a reference from a taxi guy the other day, and at first we thought it was just one of those things like "I dont want anything, but you can teach my neighbor" kind of thing, but I felt super strongly on going with him anyways. turns it was a less active, Carlos, hes 84, and just retired from his job 14 days ago. and stopped going to church because he worked sundays. when we contacted him I have never seen such a happier smile! This little old man is so cute! he went to stake conference with us as well. He knows the book of mormon cover to cover. 

LOVE YOU ALL: 
hermana hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment