Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

July 13

I AM SO EXCITED FOR LITTLE HOBBS TO BE HERE!!
he is just cutest, im just loving on him already :) give him tons of kisses from his favorite aunt :) 
(Our first grand baby proud parents Saren and Alex, born July 10th)

This week has been really great! its a little discouraging at times because we havent had inv. come to church so we havent really had any progressing. but we have been working hard and getting the members involved with helping us. everyone has a part to play in this beautiful work!

We had some cool experiences with finding some new investigadores this week - the two from members! one was the uncle of a converse that has had some pretty tough experiences with his family.. they are very ununited, his wife drinks and his sons are really rebellious. he said that he has spent so much time working to provide for his family that he wasnt really taking care of his family.. he told us one morning he woke up and realized that from hours away from his family trying to take care of them just made it a whole lot worse.. it made me see clearly a lot of things.. let us all remember that time is what we need with our family. is what matters most, raising our children. Gabriel is really interested in the gospel. 

The 2nd, maria jose. she came to the baptism of carolina on saturday. (a little niña in the ward) and felt the spirit so strongly! she is a friend of a member. she has been really sick for the past 2 months since she lost her baby. she has not been able to have kids and has felt really far from god.. we taught her after the baptism - we talked about the atonement and she was just crying to us telling us that those were words she needed to hear.. as i was thinking about it, it made me realize that is was not the words that me or my comp. or hermana jackie said. but it was the spirit that was  there, it the was the holy ghost offering his comfort to us that we felt, and that is what she needed. it was really specail. we are just praying her husband lets her visit them. please pray for her. 

Funny story. after the baptism and lesson, the family of the ex Bishop invited us to her little fiesta de carolina so we could eat. it was like 8:30 so we just swung by to eat and then left to our house. as we were waiting for the food.. i had the most terryifying moment of my life. her party was a clown show... yep. i wasnt paying attention to anything that they were saying the clowns but before i knew it one of them was over my shoulder saying that they were going to kiss me if i didnt give the an applaud. i was freaking out jajajaj all the members and my companion were dying of laughter. I wasnt paying attention but they had said if the crowd didnt applaud they were going to come and give them a big BESO. so i clapped real fast after that. jajaj. scary story. good thing i was so tired to not have nightmares.

Well I love you all so much! im happy little hobbs has come to the world!! so grateful for the power of the preisthood and for my faithful brothers, fathers that could help my sweet sis. love you all. let us all be worthy for the moments when the lord calls us.

LOVE YOU.
hermana hobbs


No comments:

Post a Comment