Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

July 27

"Come come ye saints, nor toil nor labor fear, all is well all is well"
Happy pioneer week!! I love thinking of the pioneers, their sweet stories, positive attitudes, and sacrifices that they made for each one of us to enjoy the full gospel of jesus christ. there have been many times on my mission where I have felt like a little pioneer. I havebeen tired, felt like i couldnt walk one more step, teach one more lesson,or face one more rejection, but then i remembered them, the sacrifices they made, the positive attitudes they had and in WHERE and WHOM they had their vision placed - in ZION, & IN THE GOD OF ISRAEL. they give me strength to move on. my PURPOSE as a missionary and my father in heaven and my savior jesus christ. they are working miracles belong side us every day. :) so remember that we can learn from them and their chippery attitudes!! let us all press on in the work of the lord! 

what a good week! monday we had a family night with fabiola and pablo!! they are progressing real well.. (just didnt come to church this week...) but I have love watching them learn and grow! they are finding more friends in church and always have questions for us which is GOOD because they really have interest. and the members are great to love on them and comfort them. they are my motivation!! 

wednesday we went, my comp and I to BACA to work with the hermanas ahi. hermana manzano and hermana frost. they have been having a little bit of hard times in ther chan pueblo. we worked both sides of their areas and found lots of new inv. to teach. it reminded me a lot of motul when hermana falcon and i first came. theyve been a little bit discouraged like how we were in the first, feeling like the scum because their work isnt showing in their numbers, but if its something ive realized is that the fruits come, not always when we want to see them but they come! i went with hermana frost, she has one transfer more than me and was in my zone for awhile in lakin. it was fun catching up with her as well :) shes a great missionary!

ryan is progressing super well as well! his family is reactiving! his mom and dad are supporting him and rafael is now attending church regularly and going to ward counsel despite his offendidos. we are planning a choir with the primary for the8th for his baptism! 

we found a cute little family this week - Ruben y Maria Veronica. 26 and 22. they are so cute! they have been married for 6 years.. YES MARRIED! we were excited about that. and have been trying to have kids since then.. they had their first baby boy about a month ago and are so excited to be parents. the first thing hemano ruben asked us is if his baby needed to be baptized.. i have always knnown the doctrine on this subject, but i really received my testimony bearing testimony while looking at their sweet baby boy how he is perfect and pure. it made me think of baby hobbs. just from the pics I can see how perfect he is. Children are truly the kingdom of God.. 

which brings me to a point of 2 little kids. Gemima and Abraham. we went to contact a ref. but she wasnt home and out came like 10 little kids. Gemima is 11 and abraham 7. she was left home with all her little brothers and sisters.. her mom has left with another man and their dad works all day to take care of them. their aunts and uncles live next door but are working as well.. it broke my heart to see them. when Christ blessed the children in America one by one and then cried.. i think this is one of the reasons why he cried. becasue he knew that many of his little children would suffer from descions made by parents or others.. and it broke his heart because they truly are pure.. we invited them to the class of english and they came! we walked them home because it was late and still no one was home.. they really enjoyed the class and we have an appt with their tia tuesday! we are going to help them. 

I cant tell you how much i love being a missionary. love seeing how the Lord puts his children in our paths so that we can help them feel the love of christ. there is nothing better than doing HIS work. and feeling the love for these people. I love Motul. i feel like i have grown so much here, and every day gets better. i still have so many things to overcome and to better, but my savior gives me hope for change.

welcome home to elder bishop! how fun to have another cousin home. hope all is well for him. send him my love. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. families are forever!! 

p.s. always remember that the term salvation is personal is prideful and selfish. we are in this together, we came her as a family and we are returing as a family, so look for those in need! love you. 

hermana hobbs



No comments:

Post a Comment