Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, August 17, 2015

August 17

BUENO.

We recieved our changes and..... im staying in Motul another transfer!! yay :) I was a little bit sad because I was really convinced I was going to stay with Hermana Falcon.. but they changed us.. :( I already miss her so much.. I dont like transfers for that reason! I hate leaving my companions, but I also love having new sisters. Having more best friends and Hermanas. My new comp is Hermana Valdez. She is a POWERFUL missionary. Shes from the Dominican Republic and is from the same generation as my daugher Hermana Duron. Its her first transfer as Sister Training Leaders, so ill be showing her the ropes (even though I dont know what they are. jajaja) Im excited! I can already tell im going to learn un buen de ella. 

Do you have an email for Jeannie that I could write? Id like to write her :) Our mission is passing through the same process.. The big "boom" of missionaries are all starting to go home. They have closed lots of areas and few new missionaries are coming in. In our zone were only 14. When I was in lakin it was almost 30. its super crazy to see the changes! We are over 3 sets of companionships - there are hermana capacitadores in every zone now so that we can be more personal with the hermanas and help them. its about ministering to the ONE, like our perfect example taught us. 

This week it was pretty crazy! Hermana Falcon and I were only together for a couple of days because we were doing divisions. We visited the hermanas de Baca and Pinos 2! I love doing divisions with the sisters! I always feel like I learn so much more from them then what they do from me.. This week it also reminded me of how important it is to never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.. 

Fabiola and Pablo were not baptized this week... last sunday they didnt come to church because they went to visit his mom in his little pueblo. while they were there they went to her church. theyre penticotest ( i dont know how to spell that) and the pastora from there really confused them.. about the bible, baptism, everything. It was really sad.. But we arent dicouraged. They are truly prepared from the Lord, and satan is always working the hardest because he knows of the covenatnts that they are about to make.  The same way that it passed with Joesph Smith. Ive based my studies in some of the doubts that they had and my testimony of the restoration and grown imensly. Nothing that we have in the gospel makes sense without the restoration. Ive also realized the importance of having a true testimony so that really nothing or NO ONE can shake us. because satan is attacking real hard. WE NEED TO BE PREPARED TO DEFEND OUR SAVIOR: I also am so grateful for the book of mormon. it truly is the greatest missionary we have! 

Also ryan and his family are doing so well. We had a lesson with them last night and they made us dinner after for changes.. His mom was sharing her testimony to us and said before how she never wanted to go to church and didnt really take importance to it, because its always been hard for her to understand the doctrine. but when we were teaching ryan, she really felt the desire to do the things for her self as well. and thats where her conversion has started... I love this little family. Hno. Rafael was also playing the guitar and singing the song Cuando me Bautice - about the  i like to look for rain ( i dont remember what its called in english.. how sad. ) 

But another great transfer awaits us here in motul.. I love being in the service of my father in heaven. I truly love him and I love being his servant. This has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.. but what gives me strength is the perfect example of my Savior. He supported it all, and so can I. Because he was obediente to the will of the father and was prepared to be the Savior of the World..  I love you all so much. 

Heston good luck in football! good luck starting school and for Sam and Jake in their tests. Saren and Alex are just the cutest parents ever. give grandma and grandpa a big squeeze from me!! and parents.. I couldnt have had better. LOVE YOU ALL. 

hermana hobbs

p.s. there is a RAT, not a little mouse, in our house that is eating all our food and pooping all over the house. any suggestions how we can get rid of it?? 

The youth of Motul

Delicious fruit

He helped in translating the BOM to Mayan

No comments:

Post a Comment