Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

December 7

"Can you hear it?"
"Hear what?"
"The bells!"
"I dont hear any bells.."
"Yes! just listen, the bells to santas sleigh.. just stop and listen."

It seems just a couple of weeks ago I was in my room praying to my heavenly father right before opening up my mission call telling him that I would go where he needs me.. I would do what he would tell me.. just help me to love my mission & be a good servant. Relfexioning on everything that has happened this past 1 1/2 the Lord has answered my prayer. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and his plan. of how individual he is with his children.. of how much love and attention he shows to them. its just the question if we stop & listen.
In the christmas season, it always seems to be the busiest, happiest time of the year. We find ourselves giving and making gifts, gingerbreadmen, christmas carols, and so on. We enjoy the time we have with our families, the snow (or the hot sun;) the treats and goodies. But may I say that we must stop and listen. and more importantly feel. we may find our minds relfexioning upon the the year, our past goals and plans, the saviors birth, his life and atoning sacrifice. the covenants and blessings that he promeses us, our forever families. 
I have found myself relflexioning upon these a  few of these this past week as we have started to share the video "HA NACIDO UN SALVADOR" and cant help but rejoice for my Savior Jesus Christ was born and he lives! I have seen his influence here in my mission. I have seen him in every person I have met.. I have seen his light in their eyes.. I have seen his compassion, his desire. I have FELT his presence. Like my sister.. I have felt him walking beside me. I am so grateful for my savior..
it has always been impressioning to me that he chose to leave his marks upon his body. when we are promised to be perfected, but he does it to always remember us.. he has us before him. he is constantly reminded of the pain and suffering he did to free us.. of his love for us. I feel like that is what helps motivate him to work. to work so hard for us. I will be eternally grateful for my mission for these past 18 meses because HE has worked along side me.. and has left marks in me. Not only the physical ones.. the many bites from those pesty mosquitos or the many splotches from the sun, but also the marks in my spirit.. My heart has hurt and eyes have wept as I have seen the iniquityor the rejection of my bretheren.. but also has been filled with immense joy as I have seen christ make the change in the people I love so much.. 
there is nothing better than being a missionary and experimentating those moments. 
This past week I had my ultimate interview with pres.
. we had our christmas devotional
gave my last testimony in front of the whole mission
finally got to be comps with hna huff on exchanges :)
shared the video SO MANY TIMES
christmas caroled in the bus staion with our zone
did a sketch of 8 filtros a dia
got the package and 
and loved loved loved every moment.

this week im gonna leave my heart on the line. give all i have to my father. its not the end of my work but just the beginning. the lord has prepared me to be a better witness for him in the future. 

i love you all so much. so grateful for every person that i have met.

LOVE YOU ALL
disfruten este espiritu de navidad 


hermana hobbs





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful publish. I just found your web site and would prefer to say that I've certainly cherished reading via your weblog posts. At any charge I'm heading to become subscribing to your feed and that i truly hope you publish again quickly. For more information about Car wreckers visit website.

    ReplyDelete