Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Sunday, December 6, 2015

November 16

OXKUTZCAB 

I LOVE IT HERE!!!!! TRANQUILA mama :) President is an inspired man, and I know this is where Heavenly Father wants me. I miss Motul so much, but it was the same when I left Kanasin. Our father knows where he needs us in time he needs us, and he knew that I needed to come here. I am already learning so many beautiful things. :) 

First, my comp Hna Huerta is AMAZING. She is so christlike and I love her desire to help and to serve, to edify. learning so much from her! Every night before we go to bed we talk about how we saw the hand of the lord in the day.. and it seriously has blessed my life. We truly see SO many blessings from him and its so beautiful to remember them right before we sleep. :) Im gonna mention a few of them.

1) so Ticul has some very pretty HILLS!!!! yes HILLS!! i have never been so happy in my life to see hills or walk up them!! they remind me of how much I love heights. When we wer coming in on the bus I about jumped out of my seat to see them. Oxkutzcab is like the center of oranges. about everyone here works in the parcelas (orchards) its like a green forest everywhere! my companion always laughs at me because im always gasping at how beautiful everything is. And ive eaten so many citrusy fruit in my life oranges, mandrins, grapefruit, etc. everyone is always giving us fruit. So we have our every day fresh oragne juice in the morning. its the best!! oh as well everyone speaks maya here. so koox meyah

2) there is lots of work here! we are working with lots of people right now.. 
the family Dzul - Isidro, Marcelino, Mariel there mom passed away in aprilish and have been going to church for 2 weeks now. Isidro is the papa and has like 65 years. they are the two youngest children who live at home with him. We teach them to read and to do math becausethey havent had money to be in school. We have been teaching them in parts the lessons because they progress a little slowly. isidro speaks more maya than spanish so sometimes he cant undersand me. jajaja but the spirit is the real teacher right? :) we finsihed PofSalv this week and he told us "no hay otro!! tengo que irme al reino celestial!" it was so cute. he is so ready for his baptism. he also came to our activity with the relief socitey to make oatmeal cookies :) they loved them! i love this little family.

3) a cool experience with the recient convert... TIGRE. (its his nickname) wow i gotta take a picture with this cute guy. he is like 60 as well but before his life was really crazy. was baptized in october and has seriously changed his life drastically. he has his tricitaxi painted as a tiger its super sweet.. we went to teach him this week and he was hurting a lot in his stomach but he said dont worry hermanas i can aguantarlo so as we prayed we blessed that he could be healed. in the middle of the lesson he said HERMANAS HERMANAS!!! ya no me duele en mi estomaga!!! ya no!!! he was so suprised and it was such a blessing and a reminder that the lord hears our prayers and blesses us. and as missionaries we have power to promise blessing and they will be fulfilled. I love working hand in hand with my savior. He was so excited to share his experience in principios del evangelio on sunday with everyone :) i love tigre. 

4) on sunday we were doing the usual, trying to calm down children in the sacramental so that the parents can hear the talks and everything. as two little girls were putting stickers on me, walked in some familiar faces... ISABEL AND GIOVANI FROM KANASIN. then a little later Yasumi, Cynthia and ABRAHAM! I was so suprised1!! abraham was my little inv about 7 months ago in kanasin that was finally able to be baptized 2 weeks ago. Yasumi has a instutite class with PResdidente Garcia and asked him where she could find me sunday because abraham wanted to thank me... I WAS SO TOUCHED. kanasin to oxkutzcab is really far... and to see him and how he has changed it literally brought me to tears.. i loved seeing my kanasin friends and to hear little abrahams testimony.. and giovanis!! (he is a convert as well that hna pinguelo and I started teaching but was in the area of the elderls) in principios they both shared their testimonies and it seriously was such a thrilling moment as a missionary to see people you love so much and to hear how the gospel has changed them.. 

I think I am going to stay in mexico forever. There is no greater call than being a missionary. I will never have the words to thank my father in heaven for all that he has given me. I truly know that he loves his children.. that he hears and loves us and will do everything in his power to bless us. but we must use two of the greatest gifts he has already given us to make it posible. Our AGENCY and our SAVIOR. 

As thanksgiving is coming up, I invite you all each night before going to bed, before saying your prayers to think/write/discuss, How have I seen the hand of the Lord today? And how have I tried to be HIS hand in someone elses life today? 

LOVE YOU SO MUCH
hermana hobbs

pastedGraphic_3.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment