Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Sunday, December 6, 2015

November 23

HE is the gift. 

Oh how great of a week!! This week seriously FLEW by. We have so much work in Ox, that were a little over our heads, but that is the greatest blessing as a missionary. Christmas spirit is filling MEXICO! Hna Huerta and I have been on a high of christmas & sharing the good word of our savior. Weve been using our tablet (mexican style of the little reproductors) to share the video of He is the Gift with all we meet, and its been pretty effective!! We are bringing christmas early :) we even decorated our little casita with a little tree and lights. I LOVE THIS TIME OF BEING A SERVER OF OUR FATHER.

Wednesday we had to come in to Merida for a trip to the doctor for my compa, nothing serious, but on the 2 hour bus ride we spent contacting others and sharing the video, it was super fun :) on the way home there were no more seats so we sat on the floor jajaj i wasnt going to stand for 2 hours. It was a good day, we spent it with Hna Garcia taking us around to find a special type of shoe for my comp - it was so sweet of her. I have charished the moments I have had to spend with her and learn of her. 

We also found 4 new investigadores that all accepted baptismal date this week!!! One is a family, Andy, Dulce, and their cute little kids. Dulce-s brother is a convert of one year and before was a hard core drinker but when he was baptized changed his life and matrimonio. He is now the pres. of hombres jovvens and is going to be sealed in march! Andy and Dulce are encountering similar problems and are seriously looking for help.. Our first lesson was so powerful. Andy was crying, and it truly strengthend my testimony on the cleansing power of the atonement.. they came to church sunday as well so we are super excited about them!! 

We did intercambios with the hermanas of Ticul, I was able to go there with hna barraza ( the sister who went to kanasin after me) she is so SWEET! I learned so much from her, they just recieved the area of the elders as well because the mission is slowly getting smaller and smaller so they have lots of work. it was fun getting updated on how kanasin :) 

We did divisions with some laurel saturday becasue we had lots of work, I have been so impressed by the youth and how prepared they are.. I feel like every generation is more and more powerful. They are coming more and more preapared into a world that needs preparation. Carlita and I were able to find an old investigator that the missionaries stopped visiting that is super powerful as well. Spent a lot of time contacting referencias as well and it amazes me because almost all had questions about the restoration. It testifies to me that their spirits have these questions of the soul for a reason.. becasue they are children of God and they are on this search of happiness but just dont know where to find it.

I cant remember if I told you last week about damian? he is a little old guy (he reminds me of uncle gene) that we helped with his family history and found 25 names!!!! and he has been taking them faithfuly to the temple. He was inactive for 40 years becasue his wife was resadora in the catholic church and there was a lots of problems because of that but he never lost his testimony, after she passed away, he went to church that sunday and then was sealed to her in the temple... his story is seriousy so inspiritng. 

LOVE OX. LOVE the mission! I know that christ is our savior and redeemer of man kind. I love you all so much.

have a good week! thanks for all your letters of encouragement and support. they truly mean the world to me. 


LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment