Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Friday, March 20, 2015

March 16


Every passing day I am thanking my father in heaven for the opportunity he has given me to serve a mission. To be here in His work, to be guided by Him, and to testify that Jesus Christ lives. 

This week was super amazing. I love my little daughter Hermana Duron. It is so easy to feel the spirit with her and to have fun! I am so grateful to be here in Kanasin. It amazes me how much work is still here for us. I have loved seeing the seasons here.. the harvest of the people. To see reactivations, baptisms, todo! its truly a blessing. 

This week we had lots of blessings! Our assistants have been sending us text messages through the days to help us remember to ASK for references and contact people so we can find the prepared. Its been something that we've been working on as a mission. The Lord truly is with us, DyC38:7. I DO KNOW THAT HEAVENLY FATHER HEARS OUR PRAYERS. he hears us and blesses us! we were meeting with a member to go to an hermanas house and while we were waiting a man passed by us and I felt super strong to go after him to speak, but before I could do anything he turned around and asked us where our church was.. we got talking to him and turns out he is a member who left the church like25 years ago. We were happy to tell him where the church was, and told us he would go Sunday. We said if he didn't come we would come to search him out! He didn't come so we went to search him out and found him sitting outside of his house. He was grinning from ear to ear and said he didn't think we would remember about him. His family is SO cute and we were able to share about temples and eternal families. They have accepted to be baptized in April!!

We put lots of fechas this week on people new investigadores. we are working really hard on finding new ones as well. The ward is getting so big that pretty soon were going to be dividing it! HOW COOL!!! the members here are awesome as always. I will have to send pics of our futuremissionaries :) 

 I know the lord loves us and hears our prayers! I know our Savior gives us strength through his atonement. Theres a new video thats coming outfor easter, i hope you all go to check it out!! 


Hermana Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment