Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2

Hola mi mami. IM GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE!!! IM SO EXCITED FOR SAREN AND ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Sorry I dont have much time to write this week because I have some news... IM HAVING A BABY TOO. Well not  really, but a baby in the mission. I am training here in Kanasin! My comp is Hermana Duran de Costa Rica! she's 19 and her all her family are all members. She has a brother serving in Idaho Falls, she is the sweetest little girl ever and I can already tell we are going to have fun together. I hope I can help her. I'm super nervous having my first hija, but I know the lord trusts me to do it, and my faith will conquer my fear. 

We've been having lots of sad stories here in Kanasin..how do you do it mom in your work? Hearing all the sad stories, things that I've never heard before.. sometimes it really makes me sad because I don't know how to help people.. if you have advice I'd love to hear it. 

Just a funny story. We all thought I was leaving Kanasin last night we had our family history activity and all the ward came. Elder Cometivos finished his mission and so a member brought a cake and we were all going around sharing memories about him etc. then they were like, Hermana Hobbs! we need to say goobye to you as well! so I bore my testimony, was crying, etc etc, and the other elder who has been here 6 months as well was doing the same! hahaha then we get the phone call becasue Elder Cometivos is our ZL and find out we BOTH are staying! hahahahah we said goodbye to the wrong people! It was super funny. and a little sad. Hna Pinguelo was really sad because she hadn't said goodbe to anyone. I'm sad to see her go, but I'm excited for this upcoming transfer.  I love you so much mommy. I hope you know that. Im so grateful for our family and the blessings that I have. HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please pray for me in training. hahaha


prayer list: omar, jose alberto, cristina, alberto, maria, maria y manuel



No comments:

Post a Comment