Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Friday, March 20, 2015

March 9

Okay this week has been way "tuanis" (thats like que padre, how cool, sweet, etc. in costa rica :)

Hermana Duron is teaching me so much. I'm pretty sure she came pretrained to the mission, she is such a good, obedient, humble, crazy missionary. She is so much fun, and her spirit is so strong! We have already had so many cool experiences with the spirit.. it always amazes me how He works. So remember  meet the mormons the lady from costa rica who was a boxer? yea, my comp too :) excercise in the morning has never been more fun!. She's my first companion that I have had that we are the same age, were both June babies. She has already helped me so much, I hope I can help her reach her potential, I know she is helping me. Her brother is in his mission in Idaho Falls! Oh also, there's an Elder Harris that is in our zone that was like best friends with Weston! He's a really good  missionary! it was a fun connection. 

Even though I've been here in Kanasin my whole mission, every transfer has been super different. This week we had a couple of sad experiences, but also some pretty grand ones too. We are having a problem right now with getting our investigadores to progress. We have like 4 different situations with hermanas who WANT to be baptized but their pairs are still married to another lady and dont want to get a divorce, and they dont want to leave them either. its so sad to see how common that is here, how satan is truly attacking the plan of our father in heaven. We are working hard right now on finding finding finding the prepared. Magy is getting ready to go to the temple so we are super excited for that!!!

I dont know if I've told you about Carlitos o Guadaulpe? they are both 2 different menos activo that we found in really cool ways. Carlos is like 84 years old and he is getting ready to go to the temple too!! Hermana Guaadalupe is sick physically and has been wanting to go to church but can't because of her illness. She can't move from her hammack much. but our sweet relief society pres. Hermana Isabel and our ward has been rallying to help her! She can't see either, two little girls who are preparing for missions in our ward have been vising with her to read the LDM. its so amazing seeing how much animo the ward has for missionary work :) 

Sunday we had ward conference, it was super fun! we had 3 investigadores there and 2 menos activo, and our ward had almost 250 there!!! it was super exciting! The talks were super good, we had some powerful ones about tithing, sacrifices, and pride. Our bishop gave such a powerful talk about the SOY YO, SEÑOR? talk from this past general conference. After the meeting we all ate as a ward! the missionaries got the little primary chairs and table. it was super fun. I love kanasin so much. The lord has put me here for a reason, and there is still work for me to do here. I am continually amazed at the love our heavenly father has for us, the blessings that he gives us.. "his love for us is there for us whether we deserve it or not" 

I love my mission, I love my savior,every day he is preparing me more and more through all the experiences. 

I love hearing from you all, the wonderful experiences we're all having. Keep working hard in the work of the lord! we all have a part to play and I know the harvest is now.. we are preparing for the LORD. theres no time to waste! 

LOVE YOU ALL. 

hermana hobbs


No comments:

Post a Comment