Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

August 24

Update on the rat:

We have had no visual encounters with the rat.. only the mess it leaves behind. today we spend like 6 hours cleaning the clothes and house because it had left a mess in the clothes as well so thats sweet. jajaja ive always loved my hamack, but ive loved it more this week. :) 

This week was a blur but super awesome! La hermana Valdez works super hard and is so coachable, has such a desire to learn and to reach her potential - Im learning a lot from her. her mom was baptized about 3 wees ago so that was something really cool! Not all are members in her family, but she has been able to see the blessins from the lord while being out here in the field. Im really excited for this transfer!

Tuesday we had a little sad experience.. we were in the comida with the members and got a call from Juanita, the wife of jose rafael asking if we could come right now to visit them. our appt was at 6, but we made a few arrangements and went. We arrived and their little kids came running out saying that their dad was drunk.. my heart dropped because he had nearly gone 2 months without drinking and his baptism was going to be this saturday.. thats when satan attacks strongly. Juanita and Juanita ( the wife and mom, like mama joanne and grandma joanne :) ) were super upset because of the things that happened while he was drunk.. we were able to comfort them. we were heartbroken but know that its just a trial. when we visited him after he sobered up he just cried to us becasue of what he did. but we are helping him through it. were just trying to get the ward to help him out.

RYAN! our little recent convert is doing super well! I love his little family. mama conchie has been changing as well. the primary had an act this week where they went to the temple. they had to wake up at 4 in the morning to go, but before they could leave the house he reminded his parents that they had to pray. it was super cute. He has read into 2 nefi! it amazes me how pure children are!

Our little Brandon will be baptized this week! His mom Yara was finally able to come to church this week as well! it was a blessing so great! and they brought a friend, Saul! On tuesday his sisters and brandon have all invited a friend to come to the lesson so that they can help share the gospel. We will be teaching saul and 2 other amigitos! i love seeing the work rolling out like this :) 

We had our leadership meeting on thursday and talked a lot about the AUTOSUFICIENCIA. goes with part of the plan de area that we are focusing a lot on. It was really powerful. I love being taught by pres. it was also fun seeing hermana falcon again, even though it had only been like 4 days apart. jaja. I always miss my comps so much. 

This week we have seen a lot of setbacks, and triumphs, heartbreaks and joys, but through it all the hand of the lord. I think thats what I love most about the mission - through all the changes, changes of comps, areas, inv. progressing or no progressing, succes or no success, there is one thing that is always constant - and that is my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my rock and he will strengthen me help me and cause me to stand.. He will never move from us.

LES AMO
hermana hobbs
Aug 24

No comments:

Post a Comment