Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9

Buenas Tardes mi hermosa famila!! como estan?? 

welp.. this morning I got a great suprise... TRANSFERS TO TICUL! Ticul is the farthest area east in the mission, with the Hermana Huerta de Mexico! There I will be finishing my mission.We{ll still be sister training leaders, and im excited because theres a lot of hermanas that have been my friends in the zone!! so it will be great to work with them and help them out. I was a little bit shocked becasue last week pres. told me id be staying in my area because we had a lot of baptisms coming up.. but guess the Lord had other plans for me :) sad because I didnt get the chance to say goodbye to anyone... 

they usually call us in the night so we can be in the offices by 8 in the morning, but transfers were a little crazy because there were more than 35 missionaries going home.. so LOTS of changes! We didnt get the call till 7 in the morning and i had NOTHING packed. so it was a ramble of throwing things into my suitcase and finding a way to get my maletas out. It was a show, but it was fun.. Im a little bit sad to leave motul... well a lot acutally, but that area will forever be sacred to me.. The people I met, the blessings I saw.. Motul was what helped me grow spiritually and learn to rely on our Savior. But I know with every transfer, with every area, with every companion, there is something to learn, & with each one I am learning WHO is christ. So Im excited to see what Oxkutzcab has for me :) 

this last week was great!! Jose chan went to church as well as Isela! Isela will be baptized this week, so im a little sad that I wont be there.. :/ but I will be in spirit! and in one year when she seals with Jose!!! Also got great news that one of my inv. of kanasin was baptized SATURDAY!! do you remember abraham?? he was the old little guys who had lots of addictions?? he was finally able to dejarlos and be baptized!! I was THRILLED when I got the news!!! So happy for him :) 

We had our sunday night peliculas where we watched about JOSE SMITH. We had a really good turnout! I have loved doing that. It strengthend my testimony in our beloved profet.  we thank thee for a prophet has struly become one of my favorite hymns!

We also did divisions on tuesday with Hermana Renteria and Hermana Lugo. we both went to there area because la herman renteria sprang her ankle lunes playing basketball. woops. so we went so hermana lugo didnt stay in the house the whole week. It was fun working there! tuesday I stayed with her to care for the little sickie it was fun :) We worked a lot in her english book!! she is basically fluent. it amazes me the gift of tounges. she is working to present her exam so she can get the english certificate. It was fun being with her. we came together in the mission! she finishes a transfer after me and was one of my good friends of LAKIN :) 

Hermana Falcon has finished her mission...no me diga im super sad about that. Almost didnt get the chance to despedirla but we found each other! (also i know you got my itenerary but i need you to tell me if ill be going to mexico city so i can tell her so we can meet up in the airport) I cant even begin to explain how grateful I am for her. 

I dont have much time, but those are the updates on my life!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.


kik hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment