Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10

This week was a good one.

We had zone conference and LOTS of things changed, for the best! Pres. Garcia changed the way district and zone meetings work. They are now called consejos de districto, consejo de zona y consejo de companerismos. We established ONE vision for our mission which is moses 1:39 and we the 6 points of the obra de salvacion. I really like the new change because its a lot more like the mission. 

We had lots of cool experiences this week in Kanasin, the biggest is the promise from THOMAS S: MONSON. a couple weeks ago we had a visiting authory that was meeting with the pres. garcia and the stake presidents. Elder Mendoza said, that Thomas S. Monson himself dijo KANASIN WILL PROSPER. of all the places in the whole world he and he said the little pueblo that I and 5 other missionaries are currently serving in. Our ward has had sooo much excitement about la obra de salvacion from this and I can truly testify that the promise is coming to pass. To think about my area when I first arrived with Hermana Martinez and how we didnt have one investigator, and to look at where Hermana Arriaga y yo are right now - I truly know the Lords hand is in this work. 

We are now teaching Gabriella the wife of David! in the stake we had an activity about family history work where a member came and gave a presentation about his family history. He found that he is a descendent of the last mayan prince!!!! it was sooo cool, and the presentation that the youth put on about indexing and doing the work for the muertos was so so cool. It was like a mini play that they put on with real stories of people. This is what was the seller for Gabriella, she was crying during the program, I am sooo excited about this family!

Magy is going to be baptized the 22! She is the sister of the bishop. we are excited about her because she has been an eternal investigator but says that she feels different in the lessons that we have taught her and is ready to be baptized! so that will  be fun to look forward too!

Pres. Garcia also announced the greatest thing ever this past zone conference... Dec. 3 he is giving the missionaries an opportunity to GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!!!! but, there is a price to pay. For all the missionaries who memorize the 25 scripture masteries in spanish by Dec.1. when our zone leaders told us this I started to cry. I miss the temple soo much and im so excited! also so nervous because I really am the worst at memorizing things, but I know its possible with the Lord. My vision is clear and I am going to make it to the celestial room by memorizing these scriptures. :) 

I dont have much to say this week. just that I am happy and the work is great! love you all so very much!

con amor, 

hermana hobbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment