Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Sunday, November 30, 2014

November 24

So happy to celebrate Thanksgiving this year in Mexico!! 

This week I have many things to be grateful for. things are continuing to be well in the area! sad that Mexico doesnt celebrate Thanksgiving, but me and Hermana Arriaga will be celebrating because its her birthday Thursday! im so excited to share this day with her in the mission. We are our family here with the members and investigadores. there are so many Christmas trees already decorated! members are already talking about Christmas plans, its so crazy. we have transfers in 2 weeks which will determine where we will spend Christmas! ahh. 

This week has given me many reasons to be thankful. we lost our baptism dates with Jose Luis, he has a problem with smoking that we are helping him overcome right now. But what amazes me is his desire to do so. He has already stopped drinking for 3 weeks!! just working on this problem, but i know he can do it, he knows he can do it, and with the ATONEMENT of Jesus Christ, he can do it! 

We lost the baptism date with Gabby and David as well. they are still super super super excited about the gospel, but there are some things that we need to be worked out before they can be baptized.. earlier this week we were teaching the plan of salvation, and gabby opened up to us about something that happened early in her life that has caused her a lot of pain and greif and is one of the reasons of her depression. my heart has never ached so much.. she has been carrying this load for 8 years. she told us this gospel has been the only thing that has given her the peace away from this pain she has felt.. so we are postponing their baptism, and helping her through the process of repentence.

This lesson was probably the most powerful lesson I have had in my mission so far. It helped me understand the depth of the atonement. I could feel that pain and the ache that gabby has had to deal with for so many years thinking that she is a horrible person and that God will never forgive her.. but the spirit was so strong as we testified of the atonement of Jesus Christ and the love he has. How he willingly gave his life and his blood so that through him we can be forgiven.  We need not suffer because He already has.. my testimony has grown so much through her.


I pray that we always remember this redeeming love of our savior. that we truly use the atonement every day in our lives. I promise that if we use the atonement every day and submit ourselves the Savior, we can find this happiness and peace in our lives that only the gospel of Jesus Christ brings. 

I love you all so much! eat lots of turkey for me :) I am truly truly grateful for my family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment