Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 10, 2014

October 13

What a week!

wow reading your letters made me extremely happy this week I got Sarens dear elder and it was exactly what I needed. I'm so grateful to have such a loving family and that you were able to enjoy and make time with Isabel. My heart is truly touched that you were able to do that for her. We ate lunch with her daughter Sunday and she said that Isabel was in heaven this past week. I'm so glad she was able to see my life. I love what you said mom about looking into others peoples eyes to see the world and how you were able to love the mountains all over again.. thats something that I've been trying to work on a lot here. To have the same eyes of our Savior and of our Heavenly Father. To see people's divine potential and how much LOVE our brother and our father tienen por ellos. 

This week there was a lot of adversity.. but thats life, thats the mission! and if ive learned anything, in the midst of great adversity, are great miracles. a veces we are too distracted with the adversity that we dont see the miracles. We had lots of people turn us down, and had to dejar lots of investigadores because they werent progressing.. We were filling a little low Sunday night because of this, but when our lider de distrito called for our logros, he could tell we were a little discouraged and asked us what we had seen this week that strengthend our testimonies and miracles in our area. As we were reflecting, there were many. one, Wednesday we recieved a call from a man named David that we contacted on a bus una vez that said he didnt want us to teach him, but took one of our cards. He called and said he visited mormon.org and changed his mind, wanted to take lessons. he isn't in our area, but this was such a powerful thing to see. No effort of ours is wasted, by the smallest of things, of leaving a mormon.org card with him with our names and numbers the spirit was able to testify to him that this is what he needed! 

We had some bien poderoso talks yesterday. we had a reunion en centro de merida with Elder Mendoza of the 70s, hes a former mission president of where my comp is from and our pres. Garcia. oh how much i love pres. Garcia and his wife. It was ALL about member missionary work. so so so important. We only have like 5 members that live in our area because this ward covers lots of area, so we know how important it is to utilize the members. the elders had a baptism this saturday and the family mendoza (they are serously so great) had a dinner after and invited the ward and the newly converts to come! we had hamburgers and fries, a little taste of home yucatan style. there is no greater joy that comes than seeing members with arms open wide to our investigadores and recent converts. 

Funny story this week: Wednesday Hermana Arriaga was stung below the eye by a bee.. we were walking and all of a sudden she stopped and said owww and asked me to look in her eye. I guess I didnt understand what she was saying. hahaha I was like your fine, there's nothing in your eye! probably just dirt or something. then two minutes later I looked again and her eye had a huge bubble underneath it and I started panicking!! hahah it was sooo funny. We rushed to a members house who is a doctor, but she was working. We called Hermana Garcia and she told us to go to centro de salud, so we went and they gave her some pills to take. She had a black eye the next day. hahah I felt so bad after. we both laughed a ton. We said we need to start praying for more trials in our prayers so we can have lots of great experiences of the mission :) hahaha

I love being a missionary. I love going to bed feeling completely exhausted. I love sharing the love of christ with others! its the best thing in the world. I love you all so much and I hope you all have a great week! choose the right and look for ways to serve! 

Nikki and her family are in my prayers.. I know the lord is with them at this time during this trial. Send my love to them. 


con amor, hermana hobbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment