Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 10, 2014

October 28

Ma¨lokinn is maya for buenas dias, o good morning :) 

Well... Im staying in Kanasin for another transfer with Hermana Arriaga!! When I realized I already have 4 months in the mission I kind of had a panic attack. The time goes too fast. I have so much to do and so many people to help but so little time! There were lots of special transfers this cambio within the mission, so there were hardly any changes this transfer which is a blessing. Within our district, there were no cambios, creo que en la zona tambien. I knew I was going to stay in Kanasin, I could feel it. So I wasnt worried about packing or anything. I feel like I'm going to be here for a long time which im super happy about. The people here have become my family, my investigadores, the barrio, the neighbors we have. Everyday I learn so much. How the spirit works, how the gospel works, how love works. This has become my area. :) Me and hermana arriaga were joking the other day because I even recognize all the dogs here. hahha I should start naming them. 
Lots of blessings this week!! 

Isabel has become our 3rd companion on Wednesdays. She presented us to lots of menus activos in our area and one hermana in particular se llama, Minerva. She actually had a fecha baptismal but her and her husband werent married and couldnt get married becuase he was from guatemala. something with the papers they couldnt get married legally. The missionaries got taken out of the area and they got forgotten about.. Her husband passed away. She has had a real hard life and misses her husband more than anything. BUT that is why we are here!! We are super excited to start teaching her.
I dont know if ive told you about the familia Romero?? they remind me soo much of our family. They are a family in the ward. Their houses are build together. 3 of the daughters served missions as well. They drop anything they are doing to help us.. We are working with the family in law of hermana Teresa, se llama Guadalope, Jose, y Magy. Guadalope says she is very Catholic, but all her beliefs are in line with the gospel. she is the closest to baptism right now. We havent been able to commit them to set date for baptism, but I think its coming soon. Keep them in your prayers! 

The familia Laura Blanco tambien, Del Fino, Margarita, Jose, y Kaela. This family is very special. Del Fino is the grandpa and dad of margarita. The first lesson we had with her all of her questions were about the plan of salvation, and wanting to know why we are here on the earth. She loves the book of mormon as well. the problem is she works on sundays.. we have been trying to help her look for another job because she doesnt want to work sundays. We really have become such great friends with this family!

Yesterday we had a lesson with Cosmo and it was such a unique experience with the spirit. He had a lot of confusioni with the Book of mormon so we were explaining it to him. His situation reminds me a lot of joseph smith. He lives alone but a lot of his brothers and sisters are of different faiths, but he doesnt agree with a lot of them. when we first contacted him in the street he was very hestitante to talk to us and was kind of mean. he was saying how he doesnt like religion because there are so many divisions, so many different ways that people choose to worship, and a lot of it is corrupt. (was very fed up with tithing in other churches for ejemplo) but as we explained to him un poco about the restoration through joesph smith his counteance changed and he started to listen to us more.. it was such a testimony to me of the scriptrue in doctrine y convenos that [they are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it). The church of jesus christ of latter day saints was not created by man. Joesph smith truly saw the father and the son, and the power of god was restored on the earth again. The power of the preisthood to act in the name of god. that is the difference. and boy is it powerful!
Daniel is back from plataforma! he arrived very tranquilla y very ready to learn  and change. He has such a good heart. If not this time that he is home I think the next time he will be baptized! keep praying for this good family. Tania is such an example for them.

I love you all so much, I truly know that God hears our prayers and ANSWERS them. God is truly a God of love, he is just, but his love for us is perfect. And that is love is there for us whether we think we deserve it or not.

Indiabibech!

Hermana Hobbs



No comments:

Post a Comment