Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

August 31

Ah I loved those pics of baby Hobbs, glad that the little outfit arrived saftely. the letters and candy were found in the box as well? I was worried about correos taking out what I had sent. little boy is growing so fast. :) 

This week was a good one. we had our baptism of BRANDON! yay. it was such a special day. Brandon is the cousin of Ryan, (his reference). it was as well a PF and has been such a blessing to me seeing this change in his family. We finally had the opportunity to meet his father in his interview (his mom and father have been seperated for quite some time for alchol) We had a little lesson with him and it ws really impressing to see his desire to help his little boy. I think he opened up his eyes a little bit. His father Gelasio came to church sunday and stayed all 3 hours and even participated in the classes. It was a true step of repentance. We are excited to be working with them! In the baptism of brandon him and his sisters invited A TON of their non member friends and we have actually been teaching some of them! Its been fun to see them get animated to share the gospel as well :) 

Tuesday we did divisions with some Hermanas this week. I stayed in the area with the Hermana Renteria, shes my friend from zona Lakin :) we found some new investigadores that we are working with to progress, Jose Ismael and his family. His baby boy passed away about 2 years ago in an accident that left his wife part of her face paralized. They were super receptive so we are working with them! 

Hermana Valdez is super fun! jaja she has such a little attitude and were always enjoying ourselves. I think every night we come home more and more tired. jaja Luckily the rat hasnt been found but we have found 2 tranchulas. This week we did a lot of contacting because a lot of the citas were falling through, but we are working on finding new investigadores. 

Mauricio is progressing super well! He came to our church this week! we were super eccited because he has been asisting with his girlfriend in barrio 1, but came to our services. :) Also it was fun because wednesday while we were teaching him in the home of his GF, I saw the hermana Pinto! One of my good friends from kanasin. :) she is from motul and was visiting with her family so it was really cool to see her! Mauricios testimony is growing so much, he is reading the BOM like crazy. Yesterday when we were talking he told us how he loves the gospel because everything just makes sense. I loved that, because truly it is so simple. The the gospel just makes sense because it is who we are, it is the plan our father has given us. It awakens our souls :) 

LOVE YOU ALL

hermana hobbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment