Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, September 28, 2015

September 28

buennnnnnno. 

Hna. Valdez & I will be staying in Motul juntas. whhhhooooooooohooo. im really excited, its a great area and we are truly seeing those fruits. Im pretty sure I will be finishing my mission here. I love my little pueblo. 

Wow what great blessings came this week.. first. Mauricio was baptized.  YAYYYYY. the exclamation point doesnt work on this keyboard so I cant show my emotion how Id like. jajaj. but I am really excited. It was so beautiful, he was so ready and so nervous.. its funny how it is. There was a good number who came to his baptism, both from motul 1 and motul 2. His girlfriend and an ex misionera gave the talks in the service... SO POWERUL. We had a lesson with him earlier in the week and said that when he comes up from the water, that he will be the cleanest person in the world.. and to pay attention tothose special feelings.. on sunday we had a family dinner with him and paloma and he shared with us his feelings and testimony.. HOW GREAT IT IS TO BE A MISSIONARY. When him and paloma get married i already promised to come back for the sealing.. oh que lindo. he is also going to be called as one of the counselors in the quorom of elders.. so thats exciting. many miracles are unfolding. on sunday the stake pres. asked him to say the prayer in the capacitaion, and with shaking knees he did it. jajaja i love mauricio. 

We also had our activity of the hisotria familiar on friday.. we had a whopping audience of 6. sad thing is when the rain comes out, everyone stays in. I was a little bit dicouraged because our members were so excited to be a part of the activity and had reherearsed so well and hardly any members came. but Mauricio did come so that was good. I was a little dicouraged, but the obra was seriously SOOO beautiful and so real that it made up for it, and the members who were involved felt the spirit.. after we were walking home with a hermana who is like a hero to me, and made a comment that really made me think..  she was |one of the actresses, and said that althogh we didnt have tons of people who came, SHE was the one who was touched. it made me realize once again that NUMBERS DONT MATTER. what matters is the individual.. what matters is the spirit. there are so many successes and accomplishments that you cant measure with numbers. I feel like thats sometimes one of the biggest temptations in the mission is to work for numbers, and not for individuals.. we are more worried at the end of the week if our ZL are going to planchize us than it is to be where we are with who we are with and help them feel the spirit.. that is also something I learned in the conf..

Saturday I loved loved the conference, my favorite part is singing in praise, united with all the good women around the world. i loved knowing that I was singing with my family ahi in salt lake. I loved the talks about our divine nature... of our little EVE. Jacee reminded me how simple they were but how POWERFUL. the lord is simple, and the gospel is simple, yet it leaves such a powerful effect upon us. love that.

SUNDAY. Efren and his wife Conchie came to church and LOVED IT::::: YAYAYAYA. it was such a blessing from our father. They still havent commited to baptism but they are following the paths to be there. I love seeing and teaching them because they know and feel its true.. just arent willing to accept completely. but I know they will. keep praying for my little friends. It was also the primary program on Sunday so it was a special spirit that was there. It always makes me cry seeing the future in those small little hands. I LOVE IT:

I love you all. hope all is well. keep being examples to all those around you. there are those who need your love. LOVE YOU.


hermana hobbs









No comments:

Post a Comment