Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, September 28, 2015

September 21

EN UN DIA FELIZ, UN/A NIÑO NACIO, QUE SE LLAMA MOM & DAD, Y QUE SEA FELIZ! AL PARTIR SU PASTEL, UN DESEO PIDIO, QUE SE CUMPLA EL DESEO, Y QUE SEA FELIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AY AY AY AY!! 

Yay!!! (that is the birthday song here in yucatan, its super fun :) 

Just wanted to wish my two favorite people in this world HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents who have taught me to love the Lord. We sang I am a child of God with a little girl this week and asked her what she liked in the song. She told us the part that said that god sent her to parents kind and dear. It made me realize how much I love my father in heaven, for sending me to parents kind and dear. It made me love my favorite hymn all over again. :) 

This week was such a good one! We were able to stay in Motul without traveling, so we got a lot accomplished. MAURICIO will be baptized this week! We did a family home evening with him and the family of his girlfriend about the atonement. It was super powerful. Then Sunday after church we had a lesson and he cried to us saying how thankful he was for his two three angels who have brought the gospel into his life.. Those are moments I live for. To feel as an instrument in the Lords hands to help others have this happiness. We are so excited for him. He is truly converted! he has given up working on sundays and is paying his tithing, and he is seeing the lord fulfill with his promises as well. I love seeing this miracles!! 

Isela is building up her faith in the Lord. and we did a church tour with Efren this week. they are progressing, surely but slowly. The Lord is preparing their hearts. :) 

We had a little cool experience Saturday in our class of english. A guy that I contacted in the combi like a week or two ago came! his name is Raul! we started talking and we gave him a book of mormon and invited him to the english classes and he came! when we first contacted him, he wouldnt let us take hsi number because his family are catholics, so we left him the direction and everything. Saturday said he was interested in learning more, but that wed have to teach him in other parts! how cool. we just never know who the lord is preparing, that is why we love talking to everyone :) 

Today we got permission to go the the puerto! Ill have to send you pics. We were only able to walk out half way on the dock, but it was SOO pretty. I love my little yucatan. 

I am also so excited for the conference!! I love preparing, studying, and searching questions for others and for myself and taking them to the lord. I am always amazed at how he answers us. 

LOVE YOU ALL

hermana hobbs 







No comments:

Post a Comment