Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2

Oh my little family!! 

I love hearing from you all and how great you are doing! this week was one of many many blessings, and I will try to convey all of them.This past week has been a week of great reflexion! Every day I become more and more grateful for the mission my father has sent me to and the experiences that he has blessed me with.. 

first... Little Fernando was baptized!!!! It was such a wonderful experience!!! and on halloween so he will always remember his special little day. All this week he has been SOOO excited practically jumping up and down asking his mother is saturday here yet?? It amazes me the light children have and how strong they are.. especially him! His mom Alicia will be getting baptized as well, but a little more ahead, there are some things we gotta get settled first, but little Fernando is SUCH a good example to her, always making her pray and reminding her to read her scriptures. He chose Hermano Alberto to do the ordinance (he is a less active that the missionaries reactivated about 9 months ago, was put in the bishopbric and now is preparing to enter in the temple with his family in december) He reminds me lot of my own father... his humble leadership. He was very touched that little fernando wanted him to do the ordinance, and he spent all week preparing himself so he could be more spiritually prepared saturday. What a great man who honors his preisthood!!! Saturday couldnt have been a more specail day... (and hectic) friday was suppose to be his interview with our DL but Alicia forgot about an event/party in her work and left us waiting.. jajaj we were a little bit stressed out. We were calling her and calling her and nada. She called us around 10:00 tat night and said oh cant we do it in the morning? (felt super bad for our little elderes) so we passed by to walk together to the church and their dog went missing. so we were on search mode in the morning for about an hour tring  to find little espike but NADA.he still hasnt showed up..:( it reminds me again how there are ALWAYS obstacles in front of us, not to discourage us, but to really show us how much we want something and what we are willing to do to accomplish it! and nothing would stop little fernando. He came bouncing in and almost jumped right into the font at 6 for his service. hahah it was so cute!! and sunday being confirmed as well was an experience really really beautiful! 

On thrusday we had interviews with Pres.. LOVE TALKING TO PAPA GARCIA :) I know Ive said it a million times but still it marvels me how similar my presidentes are to my parents. I think Hermana Garcia could be a twin of mom with all her spaz and energy! jajaj as we finished our interviews there were 4 other hermanas there with us that were tooken out of there area for algunas razones and were a little discouraged and hermana garcia just said VAMANOS YA! and took us to eat a dairy queen. it was something so thoughtful of her, and it went a long way. She told us her story of how her and Pres met, got married and everything and HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO be a mother!! she is a teacher as well & helped answer a lot of my questions.. her and pres served in the same mission but never knew each other. After the mission, she has already been home one year. pres got home and was looking at his pictures of the mission and she was in one of  them and said, Im going to marry her - and made it happen. jajaj it was so cute hearing her story. And spending time with mama garcia :) 

Sunday was a day very very special. ( I LOVE FAST AND TESTIMONY MEETINGS) A menos activo family that we have been working with (the sister of Maurcio our convert) blessed  their baby boy, and their 12 year old passed the sacrament por la primera vez, Fernando was confirmed a member of the church, and MAURICIO recieved the PREISTHOOD!!!!!! I was so emotional all throughout the church seeing the power of God being used to bless these boys life, a power that I have seen first handly how it enriches and blesses the lives of families.. Little do they know the influence that they can and will have to bless the lives of those they serve, both in the church &especially in their future families, It made me remind of my wonderful brothers, of my father, and of my grand heritage that I have had in my life. I know that los hombres are tempted more for this power that they are entrusted, but it is a FIGHT to be worthy! one worth fighting. us as woman as well must be spiritual influences for good


Moroni 7:31
31 And the office of their ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfil and to do the work of the covenants of the Father, which he hath made unto the children of men, to prepare the way among the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him.

D y C107:99
99 Wherefore, now let every man learn his duty, and to act in the office in which he is appointed, in all diligence.


Let us all live live up to our callings of our heavenly father!! He has such great plans for us and will make us bigger and better then who we are already through the atonement! Love you all so much. Know that my little family is always in my prayers. little hobbs, and the big hobbs too ;) I have such a wonderful family who has helped me get to this point in my life. My wonderful sister who lead our family strongly with her righteous decisions and radiating virtue, big Slam who has such wisdom and has taught me so much about dedication & hard work, my brother Jacob who has taught me that is is more important how we make others feel tham what we say and to do ARKS, mi hermanito who has taught me patience and to FOLLOW our pursuits, to help others and to give our all. and my parents i could write a novel to them. but I truly feel like nephi of old, being born to goodly parents. ( i told you this week has been a week of reflexion :) 

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. be wise, what more can I say? 










No comments:

Post a Comment