Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 2, 2015

October 12

"Selfishness is a sickness,
to love truly is to truly feel,
the most beautiful day of my life is today,
the biggest obstaculo is fear, 
the prettiest friendship is to be sincere
the most noble beauty is a smile,
Never give up, & fight for what you want most, 
fight for your future.
dont forget that the love is like the crystal, it breaks 
easily if you dont care for it." - Hermana Elda

This week was so great as always. This week we ate with one of my most favorite people. La hermana Elda. she is one of the pioneers here in Motul of the church. I love hearing her stories of sacrifice, of taking her 9 children to the church of walking to all the other pueblos to share the gospel. She reminds me so much of grandma hobbs. she has so much spaz & enthusiasm to share what she knows is true!! She pulled out like 5 million libros that she has wrote little things like this (the english translation is a little weird). They are pure treasures! she has one for every kid. and has passed for many trials.. but is a true woman of faith. it amazes me to see these books and to hear that she went back to elementary school, ya a grown woman so that she would be able to help her little kids with homework. and then to read what she has written! She has the biggest heart.

I have been reflecting a lot lately about the simple truths.. as we taught a young joven who had lost his mother about 4 years ago, we shared the simple truth of the plan of salvation.

As we visited with our recient convert Mauricio and were helping him with his family history work and preparing to recieve sacerdocio and enter into the temple made me remember the blessings we have to do this work on both sides of the veil.. so that families can be together forever.

The gospel is so simple that even a young child can learn it.. Like our little Ryan, Brandon, and now Fernando and family are choosing to learn and be baptized for halloween. But so complex that it takes an eternity to master it. 

We have seen so many blessings this week! Alicia and Fernando have accepted to be baptized, as well Isela recieved her answer that truly she will be baptized when she had a dream about Hermana Valdez and I teaching. (her brother will be able to do the ordinance!!) Maurcio bore his testimony in church SUPER powerful! The ward is starting to be put back in order again, we now have a pres. of relief society  & pres. quoreum elderes, Hermanos that havent drank for almost 1 month! Menos activos that are now reactivando, so many blessings are happening here in Motul that I dont think I can see them all. I love being a missionary. I love thinking of all the blessings that the father has permited me to see here.. and its through the simpleness of the gospel. Let us be like Nefi, firm and constant in keeping the commandments of the Lord. LDM promeses us more than 31 times that if we keep the commandments, we will prosper in OUR promised lands.

LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Hermana Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment