Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 2, 2015

October 26

This week was GREAT as always!! 
it was a little rainy so that was perfect for me. I love the rain here, got to break out my yellow coat. everyone has been saying that the spirits have been preparing to come out with this moody weather since its almost hana pixnal o sea dia de los muertos! we,ve already been fed our pib which is tradition here in yucatan to eat for these holidays. its like a tamale, but BIGGER & BETTER. ill try to send photos one day. 

HAPPY WEDDING FOR AMBER!! she is such a beautiful bride. i have a letter that i hope will be getting to here soon. jaja. no we havent received any bit of the hurricane. just a litte rain like always! 

this week was fun, we had intercambios, I went with the heramana avitia in PINOS (the city of the RICH and POWERFUL). I saw her nacer in lakin so it was fun working with her and seeing how much she has progressed! their area was a little different because its where all the doctors and rich people live so their are hardly any people home of in the streets but we started out with a pray and found 2 new investigadores that day!! just waiting for us.. both with sad stories. It always amazes me how the lord works.

We had a reunion with the AP.s this week and it was super powerful.. taked about the faith & desire. its something that is so common to hear, to have faith, and often we say, YES WE HAVE FAITH, or we visit the people and they tell us all about the faith they have.. but it amazes me what faith truly can do if we excercise and develop it. made me think a lot about where my faith is in what I am doing.. Eter 12:12-19. after the reunion hermana valdez & I decided that we are going to BAPTIZE EVERY WEEK. that has been and always will be the goal of the mission, yet not always has been fulfilled. but we have seen the lord already work miracles in motul, and we know he can help us! so we are praying and working hard to help our brothers and sisters come to the knowledgo oof our savior as well.

little fernando es doing so welL! we are excited for him this week to be baptized on halloween!! keep him and his mommy alicia in your prayers please.

love you all so much

hermana hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment