Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Monday, November 2, 2015

October 5

LOVELY FAMILY...

sounds like yall had a rockin weekend of conference in Idaho, i LOVED dads cake!!! dad truly baffles me with all the talents and imagination he has! I can just picture grandmas excitement for her little poodle jajaja :) 

we too had an amazing week filled with the spirit!! we had 9 menos activos and 4 investigadores who went to conference this weekend!!!! THE LORD BLESSES US :) it started out a little rough cuz I got a little infection in my stomach from something I ate. (weird cuz its the first time its happened) I hadnt been feeling very well since monday and by wednesday I felt pretty weird, so we made a quick trip to the doctor and had to stay in jueves.. but the lord healed me quickly. he knew that we had lots of work to do!

I marvilled this week as I saw the hand of our heavenly father.. i am humbled by the way he works. and I realize more and more every day how blesses us according to our desires and wills. First, on friday we were walking to an appointment and as we were crossing the street someone shouted at us, I usually dont prest attention but as we turned around a young dad asked wheres the temple of uds?? we were caught off guard but as we started to talk found out that he was an investigator in Chiapas and moved here about 3 weeks ago!! He was like when can you come to our house to visit us??? where is the church?? It was a little blessing! He has 2 cute little kids, and his wife. They were going to come to the conf, but werent able to make it... but we have an appt. this week. 

then sunday in the conference (which was SO powerful) while pres. monson was 
speaking, the secretary came up to us and said hermanas, i have work for you. I have to be honest I was a little bugged because we made a huge rucus leaving and left when the profet was giving his talk, but i soon became repented.. thats when we met Alicia, Fernando (8), and Jorge (6). The secretary solo said, here she is. and left back in to the conference. Alicia introduced herself and said, I dont want my kids to attend my church. (catholic) because I want them to be good boys. I dont want them to be found in the streets, or to have addictions, and Im hoping you can help me.. I could see the disperation in her eyes for her two little boys. Jorge the youngest made quick friends with another child adn was running through the halls and little fernando looked as if he was going to cry.. It was so crazy. She said Im goign to start bringing hiim to churhc every sunday and maybe ill joing as well. It was our little blessing!

i dont think ill ever have words to say how grateful I am for my savior or for my family, for the gospel, for everything that the mission has given me. I too feel like my father that I can only say that I am blessed. Blessed to have these experiences and these people I love so much... I love you all and I hope you strive to put in practice wehat you learned this conference

Hermana Hobbs


No comments:

Post a Comment