Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 18

Mis Queridos,

ah chispas, estoy disfrutando la misión un buen. :) congrats that youve all made it through school!! oh Heston is a little champ! keep working hard bud, spiritually and temporally! 

this week went by super fast, but it was super great! i love being a missionary and being able to feel the spirit so strongly all the time. im starting to sit on edge this week waiting to see what the transfers will be.. oh boy. 

 on tuesday, we truly were lead by the spirit.. we have had like we had some cool experiences! we found 2 families, Alan, Sofie and Eluisa then Berta and Jackie. they are super awesome as well. alan sofie and elusia have acepted to be baptized 13 de junio!! we are getting down to work with them so they can progress. alan is 15 and reminds me so much of heston.. haha we went to teach them on saturday, only alan was home but we found him blasting imagine dragons and singing the song. eluisa is 11 and their mom sofie works a ton.. we havent been able to meet her husband yet, but tomorrow we have an appt with them. we are super excited about them! then BERTA. we were out looking for a reference, but of course we couldnt find the house. hahha but we found berta! she was in front of the house where we thought it was.. we started to talk with her and she was like hey! ive seen you guys all over the place, what do you do? we started to explain we are missionaries etc. and she said the golden words.. "I WANT YOU TO TEACH ME SO I CAN LEARN MORE ABOUT MY FATHER IN HEAVEN" those words are like music to a missionaries ears. well to anyones! haha we are super excited about Berta :) 

wednesday we had interviews with Pres. ours was at 2.. but we didnt have them till 6. haha everone was a little longer than we thought. we missed our appt. for food and so the assistants called and ordered pizza for us! woot woot. tender mercies. :) it was a good time to catch up on reading as well. My interview with pres. was really well. He is so wise! and its so crazy to me how well he knows us individually.. in the interviews, hermana garcia came in because she wanted to remind him of something he needed to do, and it was like i was in my home.. hahahah. and pres. just said "yes mother" and she gave him a big kiss on the head. they are so cute. I love them. :) said i was their perfect daugther and wanted me to tell my parents how grateful he is for them for raising a good little girl. he wants to meet you both. I feel so blessed.. I know i am enjoying the blessings from the sacrificies that the ones before me have made.. starting from the pioneers to my own parents. That is why i am here in the mission.. I hope to leave a heritage for my future family.. so they as well can be rich im blessings.

On saturday was the worldwide indexing event!! we had a big activity in the stake center from 8-8. we went for one hour and were helping aaron, our recent convert to his indexing. it was super fun. i love family history work! and its super hard/cool to read all the old documents to try to to find names. then sunday we did the same in our awesome ward of kanasin! we placed a goal to index 100 names before the night was over and we got to 150. I was so content. :) 

This week, we should have our baptism for Abraham! we are so happy for him, he has progressed so much. please pray that everything can go well with his intrevista and todo. 

love you all.

Hermana Hobbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment