Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 25

Well.... what can I say! This week was definitley one to remember...


We had the visit from ELDER BEDNAR!! (in the pic if you look on the left side im in the corner.) I cant tell you how amazing it was. It was so cool to have the mission gathered as one.. to be reminded of our purpose, why we are out here.. I learned so much from the holy spirit.. Like Elder Bednar always does, it was a question and answer panel - we were seeking knowledge through the faith. I was so impressed by how strong I felt the spirit. I could go on and on about the conference, but one of the things that touched me was his story of administring to the one.. As an apostole of N.P.C he is quite a busy man.. de hecho, he recieved a phone call right before the meeting was about to start to take care of some business. He has so many assignments, responsiblities, etc. his work never stops! He is truly a man of God. When he was explaining his work, he mentioned that the Lord sometimes sends him across countries on a million different tasks, and often times just to find and administer to the one. He told of a story where a couple weeks ago after a conference they were eating lunch and after he made the question if anyone else had a comment to make. there was a silence amongst them for a long while, then one of the little servirs mentioned that his wife had passed away recently and that he was going through a hard time.. and elder bednar had helped him.. 

Another story was that there was a baby that was super sick and they had asked him if he could give a blessing, but as tight as his schedule was he couldnt and felt super bad. told the man to remember that he has the same preisthood, etc. but after the reunion he was walking out and saw a little woman with her baby rapped up. he asked her to remove the blanket and he touched the forehead of the baby. when he got into the car one of the men made him a question and said how did you know that was the baby that was sick?? and he said he didnt.. the lord will always put the people who need us, as well as we need them in our lives at the right time. what I learned? we just must be willing to ACT. to SPEAK. to be LEAD by the spirit! and elder bednar asked us, do you think the Lord would send ME as an apostle of him across the world to help one person? You bet he would. because HE administered to the one. and I have been called to be his WITNESS. and to do what HE would do.. I glory that I have that same calling... that I HERMANA HOBBS have been called to do what my savior would have me do.. and I am ready to act. ready to speak. and ready to be lead by the spirit so I can be an agent! so I can act and not be acted upon... all starting with this new transfer..becasue drum rolls.. 

I have been changed out of my home of Kanasin... I am now in Motul (another pueblo!!!! so happy) with Hermana Falcon. She is from Mexico City. and guess whats fun?? we are white washing the area! haha. they took out the two sisters and put us both in. It took us about 2 hours from centro de merida to get here. Im not exactly sure where I am because i fell asleep on the bus ride. Luckly we had Soemy and Alberto (2nd counselor in the bishopbric) to help us home! hahah we would have NEVER found the place! its a lot like kanasin. theres a centro, and the rest is a little pueblo. We havent had much time to go out looking, but aye vamos. :) we are excited to work hard! Hermana Falcon is very great missionary! Her mom has recently passed away and that has been something very hard and close to her.. i know im going to learn so much from her. we are both in for an adventure this transfer! the best part is we dont have a map to take along with us! hahah woot woot.i have mixed emotions about leaving kanasin.. yesterday during our Family history activity they threw me a little suprise party for my birthday since its in a week and I wont be there (and because everyone knew that it was finally my turn to leave). It made me cry.. 

Kanasin has truly become part of me. I cant even begin to describe the things that I learned. I truly feel like I had been beaten down and rose again in that area so many times, it made me strong mentally and physically and ESPRITUALLY. everyone had brought me little gifts, sang me special numbers, it was so touching. I love my little family..i couldnt sleep during the night because I just had a knot in my stomach. I was ready to leave, but not to say goodbye. but DE MODOS. thats the mission. :) but i have kanasin tattoed on my heart ;) and all the polvo de ahi en mis zapatos. :) well. im not sure what to say. i love you all. im so thankful for my family. i hope everything is going well for saren and the baby! keep healthy, keep happy, and keep being the hands of the savior. we all have something to do. remember to administer to the one, guide others to the rod of iron so that they can walk for themselves to the tree of life.. I love you all so much. :) 

Hermana Hobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment