Pages

hola mi amigos!

hola mi amigos y familia! thank you for joining me on my 18 month journey to the merida mexico mission! i am so excited to be serving as a full time LDS missionary and representing my savior jesus christ everyday. i hope through my experiences it may help you draw closer to Christ & gain a love for this wonderful work we are all involved in. God speed and i will see you all again before we know it. until then, my wonderful mother will be updating my blog of all my adventures.

con mucho amor,
hermana maisie ellen hobbs


the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

the field is white already to harvest; d&c 4:4

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May 4

Just wanted to say..... I LOVE YOU MOM! I loved this little video. I am so thankful for the strong faith of the women I know. my momma, grandmothers, aunts, cousins, friends, my SISTER who is gonna be a mommy :) I was reading the liahona the other day about the love christ has for faithful women.. it is really powerful. we as women have such wonderful, and IMPORTANT responsibilites. we must guard the virtue and keep our vision upon a family eternal. 

This week was really good! abraham is progressing really well! we will be having his interview next week, hoping everything falls well for his baptism. It was fun we went to one of the lessons and he was showing us how he rescued these little birds, there baby palomas and how their mom left them and how he was taking care of them.. he hen started to tell us about his life.. how he is truly repentant for the things he has done.. his father was an alcholic and died really young and his mom as well. that was what he grew up on, it was normal for him. he told us how he didnt know anyhing different and how he is grateful that we came to share with him the truth.. there are so many people that still live in the "traditions of their fathers.." because they dont know where to find the truth.. I love abraham. he always buys us juice after the lessons because he knows we cant drink cocacola :) 

Friday we had divisions with the hermana capaciadoras, I left the area to esperana and hermana duron stayed in the area, she was super scared but she did so well. i think it was good for her to see how much she has progressed.. and to get her prepared because im putting my money that she is going to train this next transfer. :) we are getting like  12 new hermanas! i felt muy feo when i left kanasin! It was fun for a change but i missed my little family. we had an activity in the church and hermana duron and hermana manning pulled a prank and said that we had transferes especiales. it was not a good prank to pull i guess..It made me realize how hard it is going to be when I leave.. my little pueblito de Kanasin.. it reminds me a lot of your situation momm. 

Last night we had a sweet activity with the stake to go and recruit jovenes to go to EFY. we did divisions with members to visit the menus activos in the ward to go to this event. it was such a fun experience. we had 1 hour to do it and it was amazing the things we saw! I went with the stake pres, the YW pres and a counselor of the efy. we went to a house where we have visited before and havent really wanted anything but when we went and shared a small little lesson told us how two of her sons havent been baptized and she wants them to find the good way and go to the activiy! missionary work is everywhere!! 

I am so happy, i am excited to talk to you all and I hope everything is good. We are getting ready for Bednar the 22 de mayo! The whole mission is super excited! :) 

I love you all so much! I loved the photos that you sent me of the family. I could hardly believe who my brothers were! so different, especially Heston! what the heck?! hes a little man!! CONGRATS A SAREN!!!  im so happy for her and Alex! 

Just remember that its the week of mom so you gotta treat her like a reiness, or better CONTINUE to treat her like that.:) and jake! its his bday :) sending my hugs and love.


On divisions
Bautismo de Sandy
Zona Lakin


Hermana Hobbs 

No comments:

Post a Comment